Chapter 23: Without Rani

Dalia stayed with Sawa and Raja, they were nursing. Kion layed down on the ground, tears stained his face.

"Hey Kion it's ok, Rani will fight this," Dalia said. "Sahasi's father didn't survive this," Kion mumbled. "But Rani will," Dalia replied. Kion didn't reply.

"Believe in Ananda Kion," Dalia said. "But I can't! She won't let me see Rani! It's been months!" Kion cried.

"I know you miss her, but healing takes time. And your cubs are healthy," Dalia smiled. "Yeah, but it still isn't the same without Rani," Kion sighed, "I don't know what I'd do without her."

"She will be fine Kion," Dalia said. Another tear went down Kion's face.

Raja slowly stood up. "Dada!" He smiled. He stumbled over to Kion.

Raja fell into Kion's arms. Kion smiled and nuzzled him. Raja cuddled up into Kion's chest and started to purr. Sawa, even though she was older, wasn't able to walk yet.

Ananda gave Rani water, and made her eat Marigold. Rani coughed, and layed her head back down. She mustered up her strength to speak.

"H-Hows Kion?" Rani asked weakly. "He misses you," Ananda replied. Rani sighed. "It's ok, your getting better. You can see him soon," Ananda smiled.

Rani closed her eye's, and fell asleep. Ananda gave Rani some Poppy seeds to help with her pain.

Ananda looked at Rani. She was slowly starting to get better. "Don't worry, you will see Kion again, I won't let you die," Ananda said.

Kion walked away from Dalia, Sawa, and Raja. He started singing.

Kion couldn't imagine his life without Rani. "Please Rani, please fight this," Kion cried.