Chapter 17: Worked To The Bone

Kion walked up to Rani. Sahasi told Rani she could hangout with Kion, so she didn't try to push him away.

"Kion, sharpen my claws please," Rani asked. Kion nodded. He took a stick, and started to sharpen her claws.

"Ow," Rani complained. "Oh sorry," Kion apologized. "Ok, now, take me to the lake," Rani ordered. Kion layed down so she could get on his back.

Kion walked with Rani on his back to the lake. Kion set her down. Rani started to lap at the water. Kion joined her.

"Kion, could you get me some food?" Rani asked. "Sure, what do you want?" Kion asked. "Suprise me," Rani smiled. Kion nodded and ran off.

Rani watched Kion run off to get food. She sighed. She missed it when he flirted with her. She actually kind of enjoyed it.

Not long after, Kion came back with a Bison.

"Woah you caught this!" Rani said shocked. "Yeah," Kion replied, slightly smiling.

Rani leaned forward and licked Kion's cheek, "Thank you." Kion froze.

"What?" Rani asked with a giggle. "Nothing," Kion replied. Rani started eating the Bison. She looked up. "You want to starve?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well I-" Rani cut Kion off. "You caught it, so you can eat it too," Rani smiled. "Thanks," Kion started eating the Bison as well.

Kion licked his muzzle clean. He stood up. "Anything else Rani?" Kion asked. "No, that's all," Rani smiled. Kion nodded, and started walking away.

"Actually!" Rani called out. Kion turned around. "Yes?" He asked. "Could you...sleep with me tonight?"

Kion was stunned. "Uh I uh don't know if your dad would like that, Kion replied. "It's fine," Rani smiled, "Plus, you can protect me from something in the night," Rani explained.

Kion thought about it. "Ok, but I will be at the entrance, keeping guard, not sleeping," Kion said. Rani nodded. Kion walked off.