Chapter 20: News For Kion

Rani snuggled closer to Kion. Then, pain shot through her body. Rani screamed.

Kion jolted up, "RANI!" He shouted. Rani continued to scream in pain. "Hey, Shh it's ok I'm here," Kion nuzzled her.

Kion brought her into a cuddle. He felt her stomach. He lifted his head. "Rani, your stomach feels....different," Kion said.

"What do you mean Kion?" Rani asked. "It's, Uh like there is something growing in your stomach," Kion said. Rani jumped up.

"Give me a second," Rani dashed out. Kion followed her.

Rani ran into the tree. "Mom?" Rani asked. Ananda stepped forward. "Yes dear?" She replied.

"Kion said my stomach feels different, am I pregnant?" Rani asked.

Kion was about to follow Rani into the tree, but then he heard Rani ask if she was pregnant. Kion froze and listened in.

"Congrats Rani, you're pregnant," Ananda smiled. "Really!" Rani jumped up. Ananda nodded.

"You should probably wait to tell Kion though," Ananda said. "Why?" Rani asked. "Males tend to....not act like themselves when they find out their mate is pregnant," Ananda explained.

"Oh ok, I won't tell him," Rani walked out, but crashed right into Kion.

"K-Kion, what did you hear!" Rani shouted. Kion ignored the question, "You're pregnant..." Kion's voice trailed off.

"Um uh..." Rani hesitated. "Rani, you won't leave my sight, wherever you go, there will be a guard, and you can't eat unless the food has been inspected. I don't want you getting sick," Kion ordered.

"No Kion it's-" Kion cut her off. "You are pregnant, I must take care of you, you can no longer leave the cave, c'mon, let's go," Kion started pushing her back back their cave.

"Mom was right, Kion is going completely a-wall," Rani thought. "Kion everything is fine! I'm barely 2 weeks pregnant!" Rani shouted. "Exactly, now let's go," Kion replied.

"Kion!" Rani groaned. "What?" Kion asked. "I'm fine, ok? All I need is you, I don't need guards or someone to inspect my food. I will be fine as long as you're by my side. And I won't be caged up in the den forever," Rani said.

"But-" Rani cut him off. "So, you don't think your strong enough to protect me on your own? Huh?" Rani smirked.

"Of course I can protect you on my own," Kion said. "Prove it, no guards or anything, just you," Rani replied. "Ok," Kion smiled.

"Yes!" Rani cheered in her head. "Now, let's get something to eat," Rani said. Kion nodded.