Chapter 18: A Night At Rani's Den

As nightfall approached, Rani went into her den. Not long after, Kion joined. He sat at the entrance looking out. Rani fell asleep.

Darkness filled the sky. Kion's eyes adjusted to the darkness. Nothing was going on outside the den.

Rani opened an eye. Kion was still awake. She quietly stood up, and approached Kion.

Rani jumped and pinned him down. Kion looked up at her. "Jeez Rani, you made my soul leave my body," Kion said. "Oh I scared you huh," Rani smirked.

"Well yeah. I thought someone snuck into the den," Kion replied. Rani chuckled and got off him.

"Why are you up?" Kion asked. "Because I want to talk with you," Rani said. "Ok about what?" Kion asked. Rani gave him a flirty look.

It took Kion a minute to realize what she was talking about, but then he figured it out.

"Uh...excuse me," Kion bolted out of the cave. If he mated with Rani without Sahasi's permission, he would be dead.

Thankfully, Sahasi wasn't asleep. Kion ran to him, gasping for breath.

"Kion?" Sahasi asked. "Um, I was wondering..uh," Kion stampered. Sahasi raised an eyebrow. Kion took a deep breath.

"So uh, Rani just implied that she wanted to mate with me...but I don't know if I should. Your her father, so I need to ask you if it's ok," Kion said. He was slightly scared for Sahasi's reaction.

Sahasi chuckled. "Kion, I know your kind of scared for how I yelled at you the other day, but it's alright. You don't need to be scared. Im glad you came and asked me first before you did anything. And yes, you can mate with her," Sahasi chuckled.

Kion sighed with relief. Sahasi wasn't mad at him. "Thank you King Sahasi," Kion ran back to Rani's den.

Rani sat there waiting for Kion. He entered. "Where did you go?" Rani asked. "Nowhere," Kion replied. "Ok now back to my question..." Rani started. Kion smirked and pinned her down.

Rani looked up at him. Kion smirked at her again. Rani giggled.

Kion started

Kion started.