xiii. Oᴜᴛ ᴏғ Mɪʀᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
« Dᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Dᴜɴɢᴇᴏɴs »

                   He will tear                                 your city down

He will tear
                       your city down...

               HER BOOMERANG SPUN IN THE AIR, slashing at the abdomens of the giant spiders, then returning back to her open palm. The Siren spun to the next advancing spider, plunging her dagger between its many eyes. It screeched and withered in pain, eventually collapsing to the ground. Adella shuddered at the thick substance that now stuck to her blade.

     "Adella!" Nori's voice warned. This caused the female to turn, stabbing the spider with her dagger. Her eyes locked with Nori, sending him a nod of thanks.

     She tucked her dagger and boomerang away, opting for Eron's sword, as it was a stronger weapon. With the help of Nori, they took out another three spiders by the legs. "I hate this damn forest." She grumbled, pushing her blonde hair away from her eyes.

     "We're clear!" Thorin called as the company ran. It was just their luck that yet another spider descended from the trees above, blocking their path of escape.

     It was also just their luck a blond being came gracefully down the spiders webbing, sliding under the spider, slicing it open and coming up with an arrow in Thorin's face. Similar beings doing the same to the remainder of the company.

     "Do not think I won't kill you, Dwarf." The Elf threatened. "It would be my pleasure."

     "Help!" A distant cry caught all of their attention.

     "Kili!" Fili called with pure fear for his younger brother radiating in his tone.

     "Kili!" Adella tried to run off and find him, but was stopped by an Elf grasping her arm.

     The Elf's eyes widened when she glared up at him. He looked at the blond Elf, uttering something in his native language. The blond lowered his bow from Thorin, moving past the Dwarf, to Adella. His hand roughly grasped her chin, forcing her to look at him. "A Siren..." He spoke, astonished to see one still alive. "Search them." He dropped her face.

     Adella was pushed into the group of her companions. The Elf took to disarming her of her weapons. First by taking Eron's sword, then her bow and quiver. Next was her boomerang, which he looked at strangely, lastly taking the dagger from her thigh. "Why do you travel with Dwarves?" He asked as he held her favored blade. The Siren remained silent, continuing her glare up at him.