viii. Oᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Fʀʏɪɴɢ Pᴀɴ

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Eɪɢʜᴛ
« Aɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ Fɪʀᴇ »

                 A single look                                and then I knew

A single look
and then I knew...

          ADELLA GASPED FOR BREATH, the bright light vanishing as quickly as it came. She rolled on her side, coughing and wheezing as her lungs fought for air. If it had gone on any longer, she was sure she'd most likely be dead.

     She looked to the only figure still standing, smiling when she saw Gandalf had saved them.

     "Take up arms." He calmly instructed the company. They hadn't been saved just yet. "Fight. Fight!"

The company yelled, pushing the disgusting creatures off them. Adella tossed the weapons from the pile to their respected owners. She smiled as she found her beloved dagger again, then her bow and lastly the weapon she had finally decided to give a name. It was a strange name, fit for a strange weapon. Boomerang, she would call it.

She threw the weapon at an on coming goblin, the dual blade slicing his head clean off. The boomerang twirled in the air, coming back to Adella, claiming two more victims along the way. She caught the weapon, smiling down at it. Safe to say she had a new favorite weapon.

She turned her sights on the great goblin, pulling back an arrow. Thorin had the same idea as well, but just with a different approach, one could say.

     His sword made contact with the great goblins weapon, causing him to stumble back. It was Adella's perfectly timed arrow to the eye that sent him tumbling over the edge of the cliff.

"Follow me. Quick!" The company didn't think twice before following the Wizard through the goblin tunnels. "Run!" They ran and jumped over the goblins wooden structures. The sound of the angry beasts not too far behind.

Soon they found goblins at all sides. Adella let loose double arrows as fast as she could. As she reached back to her quiver, she found she had none left. With a growl, she charged the enemy, dagger in one hand, boomerang in the other.

Fili and Kili had paused to watch as she swung her weapons, killing ever enemy she met. "That's hot." The brothers mumbled in unison, then were thrown back into action. Literally, by their uncle Thorin.

"Cut the ropes!" The Dwarf King commanded. His people quickly obeyed and the platform full of goblins fell.

They ran again, only stopping when there was nowhere else to run. Kili thought fast on his feet, slicing through a nearby rope, propelling the platform beneath their feet forward and separating them from the goblins.

"Jump!" Thorin called, doing just that. Less than half the company managed to follow.

The platform swung again, a handful of goblins jumping on with them. It swung back once more, the rest of the company jumping.