x. Aɴ Oʟᴅ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴇɴ
« A Bᴇᴀʀ Nᴀᴍᴇᴅ Bᴇᴏʀɴ »

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴇɴ« A Bᴇᴀʀ Nᴀᴍᴇᴅ Bᴇᴏʀɴ »

72 years ago...

          A SMALL FIRE DWINDLED in the forests of Mirkwood, two Sirens sat beside it, huddled together to escape the cold night air. The pairs light colored hair seeming to glow in the fires light. The male Siren held the female close, his eyes watched the dancing flames.

     "You need rest, Eron." The females tender voice reached his ears. She had noticed the tiredness in his eyes.

     "Perhaps." Eron sighed, looking down at the woman he adored. "You, though, my dearest Adella, have yet to eat."

     Adella pulled away from his hold. His hands refused to leave her, however, resting on her waist. "If I eat, there will be no food left for either of us."

     "As I have already told you, we will hunt first thing in the morning." He moved his hands to cup her face. "You must eat." He placed a delicate kiss to her nose; something they had done since they were children.

     "I will eat when you sleep." She rolled her eyes, pulling her face from his hands.

     Eron smirked challengingly at the female. "Is that so?" He then shut his eyes, tilting his head to the side to mimic sleep. After a moment, he opened one of his eyes, peaking at her.

     Adella scoffed, slapping him playfully on the chest. "You are not as funny as you think you are, your highness." She mocked.

     "I am hilarious." He beamed, leaning into her slightly, unaffected by her jest.

     The females smile suddenly fell, her attention now on the trees behind Eron. Erin's smile faded as well. She could hear something, that he was sure of. Her hearing had always been better than his.

     "What do you hear?" He lent forward, ready to jump into action. Then he heard them too. "How many?" He stood, searching for where they had left their weapons.

     Adella placed her hand against the ground, finding and taking in the information she needed. "Too many. They know where we are. What we are."

     Eron tossed the female her bow, gripping his sword. "Adella," he spoke lowly, his voice wavering with fear. "If we must-"

     "No." Adella shook her head. "I will not lose you like we lost Madelaine."

     Eron brushed a stray strand of hair away from her eyes. He held a secret on his tongue, wanting nothing more than to tell her how he felt. "You won't lost me, ma suuyn." He could not bring himself to admit it out loud.