iv. Tʀᴏʟʟs

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ
« Bɪғᴜʀ Mᴀᴋᴇs ᴀ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ »

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ« Bɪғᴜʀ Mᴀᴋᴇs ᴀ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ »

          THE SIREN HAD BEEN GONE far too long. The princes had offered to go looking for her, but were shot down by their uncle. Balin had eventually talked the King into letting himself go looking for her. He agreed, but only if he took someone with him, just in case the girl tried anything.

     Unluckily for Bifur, he had been woken by one of his cousins accidentally kicking him in his sleep. Balin chose him, as he was the only other Dwarf Thorin would allow from his sight awake. Though Bifur had no idea where he was being led to, or what for, he followed the elder willingly.

     Balin simply told him how Adella had left and had yet to return. Bifur only nodded in understanding.

     The two came to a sudden stop when Bifur grabbed Balin's shoulder, pointing past him and into the darkness. He had spotted her light colored hair in the dark.

     "Lass?" Balin called out gently. He chose to approach when he saw her turn back to look at them. Or at least, he assumed. It was too dark to really tell and his eyes weren't as good as they used to be. "We were beginning to think ya ran away." He sat down on a large rock behind her, Bifur standing beside him. "Come back to camp and get some rest. Ya deserve it after saving our arses back with those Orcs."

     Adella made no attempt to move. She wasn't up to it at the moment. Too lost in her own self pity.

     Bifur stepped towards the girl, plopping down in the dirt next to her. He tapped her shoulder to gain her attention. When he had it, he began moving his hands in attempt to communicate.

     'Do you sign?' He had asked with little hope that she'd understand. It seemed that the axe to the head hadn't taken away all his knowledge.

      Adella's eyes seemed to light up at the realization that she understood him. She now had someone to talk to. Or sign to, that is. 'Yes.' She responded with a simple movement of her hand.

     Bifur's excitement at her answer shown in his body language as he turned his body to face hers. His hands moved feverishly, barely making any sense.

     Adella laughed, putting a hand on one of his fast moving hands. 'Slowly.' She signed.

     Bifur complied, slowing down his movements to a pace she could understand. 'Why did you leave?' He first asked.

     She was reluctant at first, but eventually gave in. 'We heard Orcs. It reminded me of someone I've lost.'

     Bifur continued on with the conversation, Adella's attention solely focused on him. The more they communicated, the more Balin smiled. Not only could Bifur talk to her now, but so could Bofur and Bombur. Perhaps she wouldn't feel so lonely anymore. And maybe they could get some answers out of her after all. Surely Thorin would be pleased.