ii. Rɪᴠᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇs

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ
« Tʜᴇ Tᴀʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Sɪʀᴇɴ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ »

           The sorrow and pain,                            only you can change

                            only you can change...

MORNING CAME FAR TOO QUICKLY for the company's liking. Adella was the first one up, readying her pony for the adventure ahead. Slowly, the Dwarves had joined her while they waited for the others.

     Now they were about two hours into their journey. Gandalf and Adella took up the front.

     The company was brought to a stop by the Siren, having heard a sound in the distance. For Siren's had incredible hearing.

     "What is it, Adella?" Gandalf turned to the Siren, eagerly waiting for a response.

     Adella turned her pony around, coming to a stop beside Dwalin, looking into the trees from where they came. A small smile formed on her face as she saw the sandy blond curls of their Hobbit host.

     "Wait! Wait!" He called out to the company, slowing when he noticed they were already stopped.

      The female turned to the large, bald Dwarf with a smirk, holding out a gloved hand. Dwalin huffed in annoyance, reaching into his pocket and forcefully shoving a bag of coins into her hand. She lowered her head in thanks, then made her way to the end of the line of ponies.

     "I signed it." Bilbo held the contract above his head, handing the parchment over to the wisest Dwarf. "Here."

     Balin looked down at the Hobbit skeptically, before looking the contract over with his eyeglass. "Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

     The group continued one, Adella now taking up the back of the group, Kili coming to ride alongside her. Fili followed his brothers lead, riding at Adella's other side.

     "All my life I've had questions about Sirens that no one has seems to know the answers to." Fili spoke with a blank expression, his eyes forward. "I hope to someday ask you them."

     "I as well." Kili added, but unlike his brother, smiled brightly at the woman.

     "Stop." The Hobbit called from ahead urgently. "Stop! We have to turn around."

     The company complied with his request to stop, all turning to see what the problem was. "What on earth is the matter?"

     Bilbo searched his pockets feverishly. "I forgot my handkerchief." Panic resonated in his voice.