vi. Rɪᴠᴇɴᴅᴇʟʟ

Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx
« Tʜᴇ Fᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ »

         Both a little scared,                            neither one prepared

                            neither one prepared...

          BIFUR HELD TIGHTLY TO ADELLA as she used him for support. Every few steps sending a string of pain through her side. Every time it did, her eyes would close and Bifur would have to pick up the slack.

     "Mithandir!" A smooth voice caught all of their attention.

     "Ah, Lindir." Gandalf greeted with a smile.

     The Elf spoke in his native tongue, the Siren wincing yet again. It was beginning to be harder to breathe.

     "I must speak with Lord Elrond."

     "My Lord Elrond is not here."

     "Not here?" Gandalf's brow furrowed. "Where is he?"

     Then familiar blare of a horn rang through their ears. A mass of horses and Elves came towards them. When they didn't slow upon getting closer, even Gandalf grew nervous.

Thorin gave out a quick order in Khuzdul. "Close ranks!" He added, the company forming a circle around the injured girl and Bifur. Bofur even pulled Bilbo in.

     The Elves circled around them, atop their horses, leaving them with no escape.

     "Gandalf!" An Elf on the back of a black horse greeted.

     "Lord Elrond." He returned the greeting.

     The two spoke in the Elven language for a moment. Oin took his eyes off the threat so that he could check how Adella was fairing. She looked to have gotten worse. "Gandalf." He turned, interrupting the conversation. "She won't last much longer."

     "Oh, yes!" The Wizard's eyes widened. He couldn't believe he had almost forgotten. "Our dear Adella has seemed to have broken a rib. We fear it may have punctured a lung."

     Adella began to cough violently, lurching forward and spitting out a bit of blood. Their fears were now a reality.

     The Elf spoke in his native tongue once more, this time addressing the company and his soldiers.

     "What is he sayin'?" Gloin growled out, clutching his weapon tighter. "Does he offer us insult?!"

     "No, Master Gloin, he's offering you food. And Adella help."