i. Aɴ Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ Aᴅᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ

« Tʜᴇ Sɪʀᴇɴ Nᴀᴍᴇᴅ Aᴅᴇʟʟᴀ »

"WE ARE STILL WAITING on one more." The old, grey wizard informed the collection of thirteen Dwarves and the single Hobbit, who's home they currently sat in.

"Who could we possibly be waiting for?" A Dwarf by the name of Balin questioned. "We have everyone we need here."

Just then, there was a knock at the front door. The Hobbit, increasingly annoyed by the amount of strangers invading his home, left the dining room to let the newest addition in.

The wizard took a puff from his pipe, now answering the Dwarves question. "Someone I hope you will not try to kill right away."

The Dwarves looked at each other, each one just as confused and worried about what the Wizard had meant.

Bilbo Baggins returned, a hooded figure, not much taller than he was, trailing behind. With the height of a Dwarf and the figure of an elf, this mystery addition only peaked the company's interest further.

Gandalf, knowing the person well, knew she would have her hood obstructing her face, without even having to face her. "No need to hide your face. They will learn what you are one way or another."

With a deep breath, and an expectant audience, the figure reached for their hood, removing it from her head and letting it fall to her shoulders. Her long, blonde hair cascaded down her back like a golden waterfall. She now had the company's full attention, for there was something about her that had unnatural beauty, and was obviously not a Dwarf, or an Elf.

Their speechless stares were cut short when she opened her eyes.

"Siren!" The Dwarves panicked at her crystal-like blue eyes, wishing they hadn't turned over their weapons to their host.

Gandalf stood, standing in front of the woman, covering her from their hateful glares. "She will not hurt you." He defended. "If she wanted us dead, we're all aware that we would be."

The Dwarves turned to their leader, the one they called King. They would only listen to him and him alone.

"You expect us to travel with a Siren?" The King's teeth grit together, glaring up at the much taller man.

"She," Gandalf corrected. "has taken the Jerhem vow of silence. As I'm sure we're all aware of how sacred it was to her people."

"Who has she vowed to?" The Dwarf stood before him asked.

"You." Gandalf spoke. "Thorin, son of Thrain."

Thorin stared at him for a moment. Though he had not known the wizard long, he sensed that he could trust him. He sat back down, his people following suit.