| 0 | Prologue

There was a blue hedgehog that everyone loved, why? well because he's the hero of Mobius of course! and his name is Sonic the hedgehog he's the kind of hedgehog everyone loves, cocky, energetic, kind, and protective at times. And he can even make a sonic boom! But what if there was another hedgehog that was the opposite? well, there is, and his name is Shadow the hedgehog The ultimate lifeform, he can also keep up with his rival (sonic) thanks to his speed and rocket boots. Shadow's personality was nothing like sonics, he was rude, quiet, and never liked being around too many people. Sonic never knew why the ebony hedgehog hated him but he never really thought of it that much because he always tried to cheer the other up since he is always ''depressed'' as sonic calls it but it would always tick shadow off so he would usually stay quiet about it. Shadow, on the other hand, didn't like sonic because of his personality, and also he would always bug shadow about ''hanging out'' or "racing" when shadow barely even wanted to see him but something inside of Shadow's mind always tells him to do it, why? he doesn't know but he always ends up listening to it no matter how much he tried to ignore it and soon, the two were actually friends- well shadow would just say "acquaintances" but secretly he enjoys the presence of the blue hedgehog, which is something that the ebony hedgehog definitely didn't expect. Shadow knew that he wasn't gay, so why does he always get these warm-nice feelings in his stomach every time he's around? there was no way he could fall for his rival so he always tried to brush the feelings off. But every day when the Blue hedgehog comes around the feelings just grow more and more. But as for Sonic, he knew that he was crushing on his rival but he never told anybody, not even Tails because he was scared of what they would say and do so he always just tried to play it cool and pretend nothing was wrong. Sonic knew that his chance of shadow loving him back was very slim since shadow probably doesn't even know what the word "love" even means! which- always brings his confidence down every time he's around Shadow.

Will Shadow ever listen to his feelings? or will he just continue to brush them off and ignore it?

ps. please no hate! this is my first story
* I'm fixing up any typos in this book so it may look a bit different!