Twenty Three

FLORENCE didn't know how long she was staying inside that comfort room. Since Kent started to confess his love to Anette, she went in there and stayed there. But her sentiments were not because of her twin brother but because of Donn.

She saw his angered reaction to Kent's revelation. That, somehow, made her feel insignificant. She knew that he didn't like what happened. And to think that he just finished kissing her! She felt like a big part of her were crashed into pieces when she realized that Anette was still in his heart. She won't be able to fulfill her mission.

When she got tired of counting the tiles inside the comfort room, she decided to go out. She saw the cook, Aling Lita in the living room.

"O, Florence, where have you been? Señora has been looking for you."

"Just somewhere." She saw the maids already cleaning up. "The party ended already?"

"Yes, it just ended. Do you want to go home already? I'll tell the butler to send you home."

"No, it's okay. Thanks, anyway." She will just call Kent to pick her up if ever. "Uhm… where's Donn?"

She gave her smile. "He left for a while. He just sent Shirley home."

She pouted. That woman is really good on seducing Donn! But wait, what is it with her? They don't have a relationship. Hmp! They do whatever they want to do with their lives.

After saying goodbye to Aling Lita, she decided to go and see Señora Bettina for her to say goodbye to her as well.

"Happy birthday once again." She said when she enters her room. "Thank you for inviting me here as well."

"Don't thank me, hija." She answered. "It's Donn, he's the one who invited you here, although I'm also glad that you came."

"It's Donn who---." Her feelings were awakening again! "Really?"

"I hate to repeat myself." She leaned on her bed's headboard. "I guess you're part of the scene a while ago?"

"Guilty," she admitted. "And I'm not going to say sorry."

"As expected," the old woman laughs. "On the other hand, it's good that it happened. The truth is, if that guy didn't come out, I might be the one to announce that the wedding between Anette and my grandson is already canceled. You were right. We shouldn't have minded the hearts of others."

"Uh-huh."

"I was also closed on ruining the happiness of my grandson." She sighs. "Donn was not even talking, so what should I know. Anyway, I'm still glad that this problem already came to an end."

"You're welcome."

"What did you say?"

"I said, you're welcome."

"I didn't say thank you."

"I know that you won't do that, anyway. You have too much pride that you won't do that so I decided to make the move."

She paused for a few minutes and then a smile slowly curved the old woman's lips that seemed to soften her hard features. "You're a good girl, Florence. I hope you'll heal the heart of my grandson."

Right. About Donn's heart!

"Is there anything that we can do to fix his heart? I mean maybe he can still be healed if he will go to States."

"No need for that because you're already here."

"Me? Oh, no, I'm not into medium or something. I don't---."

"You've said enough." She waved her hand. "You'll find out soon. I already told the butler to let one of the drivers  send you home. So, if you'll excuse me, I want to take a rest now."