SEVEN

FLORENCE can't fully appreciate the beauty of tat ancestral house when they enter. She's having a headache now and still feeling her rumbling stomach. That was the only time she felt so frustrated in her entire life.

She's frustrated at Kent because she fell for a wrong girl. To Anette, because also fell for Kent. To lola Bettina - whoever she is - because of her interference with the people like Donn and Anette. And to herself because she didn't eat breakfast this morning. And to Donn because… because…

"Answer lola Bettina properly, Florence. Explain to her everything or I'll struggle your neck." Donn gave her a warning.

"I'm just going to explain, but why brought me here? Why can't you do it yourself?"

"For the reason that I don't want to see her upset because of me."

"And you think that if she will hear it from me she won't be upset?"

"It will not make any difference but, at least, she will see a reason why everything ended up this way."

"What?" She asked puzzeled.

"Nothing."

She didn't ask anymore. She didn't have energy to talk. She went into the nearby sofa.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm tired." And hungry. "Is it a crime to sit and rest first?"

He just followed her with his gaze. If she's not hungry, maybe she will let herself dizzy from the elegance of the place. There were lots of antiques and expensive furniture's around that were like taken from other part of the world. The fortune or wealth that made everyone gets jealous.

Except for her.

She thought about Anette. She was jealous of her, actually. Anette could have had it. Florence didn't mind any fortune. There's one this one thing she was jealous of the girl, and that is having Donn Saavedra.

She's not comfortable being insecure so she just roams her eyes around the place until her gaze landed in the basket of fruit under the table beside her.

She secretly picked the apple. It might helped her quenched her hungry stomach. She bit it but she just threw it again. It's made of plastic!

"Cut that out, Florence," She heard Donn said. "If you're hungry why don't you just ask me?"

She just pouted. "Thanks, but no thanks." She's not going to eat anything from someone who's not willing to give her food anyway.

"You're a hard headed one, aren't you?"

"You don't care!"

"And who is this spiteful lady here, Donn?"

She turned to the where the voice came from. She thought she's facing with Armida Siguion-Reyna at that same moment. But no. They seem to be look alike because they were just both look like a tough granny's. Plus, the woman she's facing now is sitting on a wheelchair and older than the actress. But still have this intimidating aura around her.

Donn came near her and kissed her forehead.

"She's Florence Cortez, lola. I brought her here to explain something in behalf of Anette."

The old woman stares at her from head to toe when she stood up. She felt small from her intimidating gazes. She still stood up with proud and appreciated her aristocratic nose.

"What's your story woman?" The old woman asked but she didn't say anything. "Well?" She continued.

"I'm not going to answer not until you call me by my name, Misis."

Maybe she was shocked on what she said because she turned at Donn. "Where did you pick this woman, and she talks that way? She's very impolite."

"Forgive her lola, Florence is just tired. Batangas is not near from Manila." Donn said calmly but he was sharply looking at her. "Just tell her whatever you know about what happened to Anette, Florence."

Because of her frustration, she thought of teasing them just to take back the harassment they're making her feel.

"Anette? She eloped with another man."

"What?!" The old woman was shocked. "What is she talking about, Donn?"

"I should be the one you're asking." She interrupted. "I'm not joking. She ran away because she realized that she didn't love Donn. And me, Florence Cortez, were the one your grandson love. And we're getting married, by the way." She declared with head held high.

The two of them both froze for a while and the old woman held her head.

"Give me my medicine, Donn."

Donn shouted and three nurses came and attended to lola Bettina immediately. Donn left them and faced her. The Donn she first saw and first know slowly faded now. He suddenly changed for a guy she didn't recognize. His face was now harsh and brooding.