Seventeen

REEVE was not in his house when he got there. Instead she saw Maricel. The jealousy inside her was awakening again. Does Reeve really wanted to hurt her that much? But she had asacrificed her feelings for him already when she decided to go to his house. So be it. Bring it on.

"Where's Reeve?" She asked Maricel. "And don't even dare to be bitchy on me because I swear I'm not going to back out."

Maricel seems flustered on what she said but she smiled after. She had to admit that the woman had a class. She is a kind of woman who is not having a catfight. She's not the type who's going to fight in the mud even for the one she love.

"You must be Maya. Reeve has told me so much about you."

It was her turn to be surprised. "R-Reeve has told you about me?"

She nodded. "I'm sorry about a while ago, when I thought you're her maid. Woman's instinct, especially if it's your competitor." She pointed the lounger in Reeve's garden. "Can we talk?"

"I'm sorry too but I'm in a hurry. Is Reeve there? He's the one I wanted to talk to."

"He's not here. I think he went and see the woman she loves." She faced Reeve's house with a cheerless smile. "I think you just missed each other."

"Wait. Did you just say…"

"That Reeve went to see the woman he loves? Yes. It hurts to admit but that's it. I'm not in Reeve's heart anymore. There's someone else's there now." He turned to Reeve's house again with regret and agony in her eyes. "I guess I've been over confident that Reeve will only love me."

"No, Maricel. It's not because of your over confidence but because you're just too cruel for him. You hurt him so much."

"You don't understand, Maya. I left him not because I wanted to hurt him, but because I wanted to regain my identity. When I loved Reeve, I loved him too much that I forgot who I am. My family, my friends, even my dreams. And I can't go on living knowing there will come a day I won't be able to recognize myself anymore."

Maya wanted to understand her. But every time she remembers how miserable Reeve and what he'd gone through for a long time, her sympathy for her is fading.

"I told him that I needed to regain my identity first."

"Yeah, and you choose to do that on the day of your wedding."

"I know it wasn't the right time---."

"And it will never be. You've been too selfish, Maricel. If you just told him those, before you agree to marry him, then he would understand you. And he would not suffer like that before. If you're waiting for my sympathy, sorry, I can't give you that. I love Reeve, and if you came here to just hurt him again, don't. Or else I'll give you the punch that you deserve. I'm willing to fight."

The woman just smiled. "Now I know how you replaced me in Reeve's heart… because you can fight for him, even with yourself."

"Yeah. So, don't mess up with my love." She suddenly felt the desire to see her love. "Where's Reeve?"

"I think he's at the place where you just came at." Before Maya would totally go, she called her again. "Maya, I'm sorry for causing you trouble."

She nodded. "Just don't show your face here again. Seeing you only reminds him of his painful past."

Maricel suddenly became teary and slightly nodded. "Take care of him, Maya, and tell him I'm sorry."