Eight

"SISTER, you're awake? Go back to sleep. I'm still playing." Maya throw the pillow to his brother playing in his phone and it fell, luckily on the carpeted floor. "Hey, don't forget that you owe me." He picked his phone. "Next time I won't let Reeve take care of you. I will just let you starve to death."

It's like a magic spell when she heard his name, she smile and sat in front of her bother. "You mean it's really Revski meloves was the one who took care of me last night? For real?"

"Yeah." He answered wryly and continued playing on his phone. "But instead of thanking me, you even throw a pillow on me."

Just in time their mother appears and her hands landed on her brother's arm. "See? It came from your own mouth." Then her mother came to her and put the thermometer straight to her mouth then faced her brother again. "That's why you can't answer me when I ask what time you let your sister take her meds."

"Mom, I'm busy. Reeve asked me to fix his laptop. It gives me money so I accepted it. Plus, Maya became happy when Reeve came and took care of her. Right sis?"

She just nodded because she still had the thermometer in her mouth. But their mom didn't let his brother pass for neglecting his duty to check on her. Their mom trusted her to him but he let other people do the job.

"I trusted you but you let other people took care of her. What if something happened to her? I swear I'm gonna shave your head."

"Shave?" His brother pause for a while and think. "You think Mohawk style will look good on me, mom?"

"Will you think straight if you cut your hair like that?"

"Maybe. Let's ask Mister Mohawk--- ouch! Mom!" He protested but laughing when their mom pinch his arm.

Her mom took the thermometer from her mouth. "You're fever went down. It's a good thing that Reeve took care of you."

She smiles from ear to ear. "True, mother. You see, in just a day I'm feeling better."

"You didn't fully recover yet. For now, you still have to rest to be sure. It's good that you only had fever and didn’t fall into a flu." Then her mother smiled. "I don't know that Reeve is a good medication for you."

"Let's bring Reeve to any drug companies, mom." Val interrupted. "For him to be pulverized and repackage. I'm sure he'll be the best seller in the market. Like ecstasy."

"Valentino Lisboa!" Her mother warned him. "You better get your ass off of that sofa and cook rice. It's your turn today, just so you know. Go and make yourself useful."

Val stood up spitefully. "This is human rights violation."

"Shut up and just go."

"Oh, by the way sis, do you want to invite Reeve to have lunch with us?"

"Sure! Let's just order food. There are a lot of delivery services---."

"Hey, Hey! That's insulting. I know how to cook, don't you trust me?"

"No." Maya and their mother said in unison.

"Are you really my family?" He protest and walk away.

When Val left, her mom touched her forehead again. "Now you learn your lesson, Maya. Your body is not a robot. You're also prone to sickness, so you must take care of yourself."

"I know, mom. Let's invite Reeve. I just want to thank him for taking care of me last night. If not because of him, I might be dead by now."

"What are you talking about, Maya? You just got a fever. Why will you end up dying?"

"Don't you know mom? Our principal's daughter died just because of a simple headache."

"Fine. Fine. I get you. Okay, let's invite Reeve later to have lunch with us. It still doesn't change the fact that he helped you a lot."

Because of her condition her body wanted to rest more. When her mom left her in her room, she fell asleep immediately. She also needed beauty sleep, for her not to look pitiful later in front of Reeve. She was smiling as she closed her eye.

She was feeling much, much better now. She knew, for a fact, that it's because of their handsome neighbor Reeve. Maybe she got greedy on sleeping now because when she opened her eyes, she saw her bedside clock clearly. It's already one in the afternoon.

"Oh, no!" Still in her pajamas, she ran towards the kitchen.

She saw Reeve bidding goodbye to her mom and brother. She bet they're already done eating. She felt sullen all of a sudden. No one even dare to wake her up.

"O, sis, you're awake. Go and eat. The roasted chicken Reeve brought is so delicious." She knew that Val is just teasing her when he saw her.

Maya wanted to punch her brother in the face. "No thanks. I'll just drink water." She went straight to the fridge and got a bottle of water. She also drank the water there.

"I'll go ahead Aling Marina." She heard Reeve said. "Thank you for the delicious lunch."

"Don't mention it. Thank for taking care of my daughter too."

"Alright then, I'll go ahead."

"Take care, hijo."

"Val."

"Yo, dude! See you next time!"

Maya is anxiously waiting for him to call her. She's not gonna mind him. No. Never. Not for sure.

"Maya."

"Yes?" Maybe the cupids are laughing at her right now. She just said that she's not going to mind him but can't do it. So what? She's easily persuaded now that she'd been sick.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Of course." She saw Val smiling at the back of Reeve. She just looks at him with warning. "My body just gave in and demanded some rest. But I'm okay now. Thanks for taking care of me."

He nodded. "Then I'll go ahead. Thank for the lunch again."

"Next time again." She said and watched him went out of their house. "Bye-bye."

"He's gone." Val interrupted. "It's your fault for not waking up early. Look what happened, you're late for lunch with Reeve. I and mom learned a lot about him."

"Why didn't you wake me up? I hate you. The reason why we invited him to have lunch with us is because of me, right? Then you'll just let me sleep and be with him by yourselves?"

"Wow! You're really getting mad. That's new. I don't know that you can be that fussy."

"Just don't mind your brother, Maya. The truth is, Reeve told us not to wake you up, and that you needed to rest. We just agreed and let you sleep more. You're body is still recovering from the fever." Her mom still didn't pacify her and she knew that her mom knew about it, that's why she just sighs."Why don't you eat? Maybe you're just hungry."

"I don't like to eat." She protested but then remembered her brother mention a while ago. "Where's the chicken that Revski meloves brought?"