Five

TONS or mountains of crumpled tissue was on Maya's bed now. She can't stop sneezing and even had a runny nose. Now she's having a fever and a cold. She really fell sick like their principal mentioned. And it looks like the weather is with her because it was already dull outside considering it was just one in the afternoon.

Her brother said there's a typhoon but she didn't take it seriously because her brother always looks like he's on drugs. He talks like he's drunk even though he's normal. Maybe it's because of too much caffeine in drinking coffee.

"Here. You should eat this so you can drink your meds." Her mom came in with a hot soup. "Did you drink your meds this morning?"

"Yeah." She answered and kicked the blanket covering her toes. "My toes are hot, mom, can't I really wash?"

Her mom just patted her thigh. "Nope. Not yet. You're still sick. Just stay here and shut up."

"Mom, I'm going crazy because my feet are so hot." She acted like a child now. "I can't even sweat no matter what I do."

"That's your fault for not taking care of yourself. If you just came home straight and didn't go with Reeve---."

"Mom, don't accuse me anything. Reeve was the one who dragged me into his house. I didn't force myself to him." She corrected. She didn't mind her hot feet anymore as long as they're talking about her handsome prince. "You can even ask him to check."

"I already did." Her mom just answered while putting the food on her night stand. "Fine, I believed you."

"You asked Reeve? You really didn't believe me? I am your daughter mom!" she exaggeratingly protested.

"Stop shouting, don't you think I know that?"

"Anyway, where did you saw him? Did he ask for me?"

"Just eat." Her mom prepared her meds. "He came here a while ago." She answered.

She gasped. "Really? Mom, why didn't you tell me?"

"He just came to give your things that you forgot from his house. And he also asked how you are."

"What did you tell him?"

"What else is there to say? Of course I told him you're sick because of your carelessness."

"And he said what?"

"Nothing."

She suddenly felt disappointed but she kept it to herself. "How about her facial expression mom? Did you see any worries or such?"

Her mom paused and tried to remember. "Nothing. It's just his usual expression. Maybe he just asked about it out of respect."

"Respect? For whom?"

"Why do you have a lot of questions, Maya? Why don't you rest and make yourself feel better before you continue wooing Reeve?"

Maya just stare at her mom. She didn't expect her to say that. She's used on them discouraging her feelings for the guy. But now, for the first time, she said something positive for her.

"Finished your food and drink your meds. If you feel hungry you can just go to the kitchen. I'll leave some food there."

"You're going somewhere, mom?"

"I have to go and visit your grandma. She wanted me to go and see her. Maybe she wanted me to buy something for her again." Her mom fixed her blanket. "Later, you're brother will be home. They're having a half-day at work today so he'll be with you here."

She snorted. "You let him take care of me? Maybe you'll see me in the hospital later then."

Her mom just laughed but brushed it off and leaved. When she was alone on her room she started eating the soup and forcedly took her meds. She really hated taking meds because it always gets stuck on her throat. Just as always, the water didn't help and she felt like the tablet is still hanging on her esophagus so she decided to go and get more water in the kitchen.