𝟑 | '𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙝 𝙢𝙖𝙣, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨'

‿︵‿︵ . ⋅ ˚̣- :・❉・ : -˚̣⋅ .‿︵‿︵

˗ˏˋ 𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐔𝐒 'ˎ˗
❉ ───── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. the way of water
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 ━━ 'yeah man, you're
one of us'

 the way of water𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 ━━ 'yeah man, you're one of us'

─IT'S QUIET LIKE always whenever there's tension. Attiah hates silence. Unless she needs it to listen to her thoughts, the sound of absolute silence makes her go mad. Of course, in typical Attiah Sully fashion, her way of dealing with tension is to completely ignore any sense of it.

"How you guys doing?" She looks up from her food to her family sitting in a circle around her.

The Omaticaya people used to have dinner together, all by the trees, below where they used to sleep and surrounding the Home Tree, the new one that was created after the destruction by the sky people before Attiah and her siblings were born.

Now, since the war has come back and they are living in the Hallelujah Mountains, it's easier that meals are in small groups and not all in the same area. So here the Sullys are, in an awkward circle silently eating while Attiah is the only one to talk.

There's a beat of even more silence. Jake looks at his daughter for a moment, he raises his eyebrows before lowering his head, trying to stop his growing smile. No one is speaking, only Attiah. When no one answers, she looks to Lo'ak next to her who is silently munching away on his meal.

"Lo'ak, how are you?"

"Fine," he grumbles.

"Mum, this is really yummy," Tuk beams from the other side of Attiah at her mother, nodding to the food in her hands.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Neytiri smiles at Tuk before looking to Attiah who speaks next, "Yeah ma, this is truly delicious." The Sully girl holds up her meat leaf wrap with her right hand, nodding looking at her at her mum with raised eyebrows and a smile as to say, 'good job, mum'.

Neytiri twinkles at her, saying a 'thank you' before taking another bite of her own food.

Attiah sighs, shifting around on her spot on the floor, "So," She takes a deep breath as if she's about to say something important. "What are the plans for tomorrow? Or later this week?" She leans back on her elbows having finished her food, still blatantly ignoring the tension that fills the family.

"No plans tomorrow. But in a few days your father and I are taking Neteyam for some training. That means you will have to watch each other and Tuktirey." Neytiri doesn't look up until her last sentence, looking at Kiri, Lo'ak and Attiah to make sure they heard.

"Sounds good," Attiah groans like an old man with back problems as she sits up again. "Can we go out to the lab after dinner?"

"Who's we?" Jake asks in usual voice that sounds naturally demanding when talking to his kids.