Part 9: "Different"

Sam pulled into the driveway and looked over at Elora who had fallen asleep but had not let go of his hand. He smiled before lightly shaking her shoulder. "E, wake up we're here." Sam whispered in a low voice. Elora woke up and started to stretch, feeling her hand being weighed down, she looked to see their interlocked fingers. She smiled softly and blushed.

"Finally! What took you guys so long?" Charlie said walking towards the car, as he got closer he saw, through the windshield Elora looking down. He followed her eyes and was met with a somewhat expected sight, he wanted to feel happy for his brother, but something about this upset him, why did he feel like this?

"I'm gonna go . i'm sure Kristy has been waiting on me. Thank you for everything!" Elora said as she let go of his hand and lightly patted his cheek.

She got out of the car and then met the eyes of charlie. "Oh hey charlie!" Elora beamed as she walked up to him. "Yeah, hey." The boy spat at her, Elora furrowed her brows at him. "Are you alright?"she asked, he just looked her in the eyes and continued walking forward towards his own car, he got in and drove off. "That was weird?.." Elora said to herself as she carried on and walked inside to Kristys room.

*****

"Mason or Roman?"
"Kristy what kind of question is that?" Elora asked as her and Kristy made their way down the stairs, it was late, but no one really cared.

"An important one" Kristy replied making her way towards the fridge.

"Well what's the situation?" Asked Elora as she sat down on the counter top.

"Uhm Okay, you're having a horrible day and you just really want to chill out and watch movies, who would you choose?" kristy said pulling out cookie dough and sitting down beside her.

"Oh well i barely know Roman, but he seems a little more confident then Mason, but then again mason is pretty looking-."

"AND ROMAN ISN'T??" Kristy shouted causing Elora to start laughing at the girl.

"I think i'd choose you." Elora said as she grabbed a spoon and scooped out the dough.

"I'm not an option though" Kristy said taking the spoon from the girl and getting some for herself. "You're my main option!"
Kristy smiled and jumped down from the counter top pulling Elora into the living room. "Let's watch some Harry potter" Elora said as she jumped onto the couch and pulled a  throw blanket over her legs.

*****

One movie in and Kristy was already asleep, Elora had stayed up watching intently until she heard the front door open. She sprung up and looked towards it. Charlie came in and sat his keys on a hook, she watched as he kicked his shoes off and walked into the kitchen. "Are you just gonna keep staring?" He asked in a low voice. Elora cursed herself quietly, and walked toward him.

"So are you gonna tell me why you were so grumpy earlier?" She asked sitting on the counter tops once again. "Grumpy? Really?" He asked chuckling slightly, Elora shrugged and looked at him seriously. "I really don't know, I guess I just had a bad day." Charlie said trying to avoid eye contact. "You swear you aren't mad at me?" Elora said trying to make eye contact. "Yeah I swear." Charlie said clearing his throat and walking toward the stairs.

"Why won't you look at me?" Elora asked making the blonde stop in his tracks. "Uh.. what?" Charlie asked as he continued to look pass the girl. "Charlie, i'm not stupid. What's actually bothering you?" She asked walking towards him. "I said i had a bad day, leave it at that." Charlie said dismissively.

"Charlie i have known you practically my whole life, if you don't start talking right now, i'll force you too." She said crossing her arms. Charlie looked down at her and sighed as he sat on the stair step motioning for the girl to sit next to him.

"so?" She asked as she had her back pressed against the wall. "Do you think things have been different since, we'll you know, since we were kids?" Charlie asked fidgeting with his hands. "I mean yeah I guess, but that's like a given you know, people change." Elora responded.

"No I don't mean like that, well i mean i do, but i don't."

"Charlie you're confusing me so much right now."

"Like how we feel about each other" the boy gulped as he let the words fall out.

"Are you saying?.."

"I have fe-"

A door opened from the hallway upstairs causing Elora to turn her head towards it. Sam appeared at the top of the stairway wearing flannel pajama pants and a black hoodie, he had his headphones around his neck. Elora smiled up at him, Charlie glared towards the boy.

"Hey sam!" Elora beamed as she stood up quickly. Sam had finally adjusted to what he was seeing, Charlie sat annoyed and Elora couldn't have looked happier to see him. "Hey E, everything alright?" He asked as he made his way further down the stairs.

Elora had reached her hand down to help Charlie up, he sighed and took it then made his way up the stairs not looking in his brothers direction. "Goodnight charlie" Sam and Elora said in unison, Charlie turned slightly and gave them a half 'smile' and went to his bedroom.

"What are you doing up so late?" Elora asked as Sam reached the bottom step and walked towards the kitchen. "I can't sleep. What about you, why're you up so late?" Sam asked as he got himself a water from the fridge. "Kristy made us iced coffee earlier and it woke me right up, but some how it made her sleepy." Elora said as she looked to her sleeping friend on the couch.
"You can come up to my room if you want?" Sam said as he motioned up the stairs. "Sure!" Elora said

*****

"What did you think you made  on your final for Mrs. walter?" Elora asked as she spun in his chair. "Uhm honestly, probably not the best grade.." He said chuckling slightly. "I told you not to sleep through her lessons" Elora said stopping herself and looking towards the boy. "Ehhh English is boring, plus you always come through with the answers" Sam smiled. "I'm surprised she didn't catch on" Elora responded and yawned. "

"Wanna watch a movie or anything?" Sam asked. Elora shrugged "yeah sure, lemme get that remote." She said reaching towards him. Sam chuckled and handed it to her.

A/N:
i realized that i'm not even going with the plot of the show anymore 💔 i'm gonna rewatch and try to somehow get it on track but if not i'm sorry 🙏🏻