Part 5: "Volley ball match"

"Okay tighten that side and we should be good!" Kristy instructed to Charlie as she grabbed the ball tossing it towards Elora
"I haven't played volley ball in months, this is gonna be so fun!!" Elora smiled as she sat eagerly on the edge of the pool catching the ball and bumping it around
"I've never played" Mason said looking up to the girl who stopped messing around and looked at him
"WHAT? NEVER?" She said dramatically
"Never." He smiled then tried to look 'serious'
Elora laughed as she reached for his hand so he too could come up to the poolside instead of in the water.
"Well i guess i have to teach you now" She said as he sat beside her
"I guess you do" He said letting Elora speak and show him the different rules and techniques.

Meanwhile Kristy was arguing with Charlie on who got first pick for the teams
10 minutes later...
"so this is how i keep my hands? Mason asked holding onto his wrists in an awkward position
"no! no, this is his you hold them" she demonstrated with her own hands showing him
"I think you're just gonna have to do it for me" he said holding his arms out toward her

Elora laughed as she maneuvered his hands into the right position. Elora however didn't feel the pair of eyes burning into the two. Sam sat watching the two biting his lip, he new it was just flirting, it was harmless, but Sam didn't like that is was Mason doing it.
"Okay! After a short period of time we have decided, Kristy picks first." Charlie said rolling his eyes. As if on cue Kristy appears beside him standing tall and smirking.
"For my first pick I choose Elora!!" Kristy said cheerfully. Elora let go of Masons hands, grabbed the ball, and waved goodbye as she walked over towards her friend.
"I pick.. Sam" Charlie said, Sam stood beside his brother.
"This is exciting! isn't it?" Elora asked Sam while Charlie and Kristy continued to pick and choose their teams.
"Yeah sure." Sam spoke bluntly.
"Are you alright?" Elora asked looking into his eyes.
"I'm fine. Now quit talking to me and let's play this dumb game." Sam snapped at her. Elora felt hurt but agreed and walked over to her team which consisted of: Kristy, Charlie's friend Elijah, Mason, Sams other bandmate Lukas, and her.
"Charlie gets first serve since i got first pick." Kristy said to Elora as she got into her position.

Elora had an upset look on her face, but as soon as the game started that faded to a serious more determined look. One thing about Elora is she hates to lose, so she will do her best to win, which is why she's a great person to have on your side.
The ball flew over the net from Charlie's side, both Elora and Mason went for it, Elora dove accidentally tripping Mason causing the two to laugh at each other.
"Need a hand?" Elora said giggling slightly as she held out her arm.
"Yeah thank you." He said with a slightly embarrassed expression.
"Let's get back to the game." Sam shouted impatiently causing Elora to glare at the dark headed boy.
The game had went on for another 10 minutes, Elora and Mason had already made up a handshake that they did every-time they got a point. To say Sam was upset was an understatement, he was furious. He thought to himself, she is my friend, he barley knows her, I bet he doesn't even know her birthday yet, November 17th, i'm a way better person, why not do a handshake with me? Have i done something wrong?
"Sam! It's your turn to serve man." Charlie's friend Wendy said patting his back.
"Uh okay." Sam took the ball and walked back towards the line, in the moment he saw Mason telling a joke to Elora causing her to start laughing. Why not me?
He thought just as he hit the ball with all his force. This net was lower then a regular net, the ball came flying towards the unaware girl.
"E! WATCH OUT!" Kristy shouted but Elora just turned her head and was met with a volley ball to the face.

A/N: I know this chapters a little short but i wanted to add something a little dramatic to it.