Part 8: "Into the town"

4 months had passed since Elora had moved back into town. School was going great for her, she had more friends now then she ever did to begin with. It was finally Christmas break and Elora couldn't be more thankful.

She had filled out a job application at a new coffee shop in town,Elora hadn't really had time to focus on anything but school and her grandmother who had became extremely ill during the colder months. As soon as the school bell rang she ran to Sams car and waited for him to take her there.

FLASH BACK// 1 WEEK AGO

"I hope you don't mind that we stop by the middle school to pick up a few of kristys friends." Sam said as Elora and mason got into the back seat,Charlie in the passenger seat. "Why would I care? All her friends are cool" She said as she sat her bag infront of her. Charlie sent a knowing look. "Well most of them are.." she corrected and slumped into her seat.

ELORAS MIND:
I don't think Stacy likes me very much, I mean we are fairly close but only because of Kristy and Sam. I always try to be nice around her, and she hasn't gone out of her way to be rude.. but I can tell she has something against me. Kristy says it's because me and Sam have "chemistry" but I wouldn't call it that, i'd say we have... history but definitely not anymore.

"So Lora, i heard you're getting your license soon?"  Mason spoke causing her head to turn and look at him, he had been staring at her for a while. "Oh uhm yeah, next month actually" she said as she smiled and straightened her slouched posture.

"Now we don't have to drive you everywhere" Samsaid as he smiled in the mirror. "Shut up, I know you all love driving me around, I'm the best."she said slapping his shoulder slightly. "I guess you are" he said smiling.  She nodded and pulled her phone out. She scrolled through her texts that she hadn't checked since that morning.

🔵Charlie😎: Cup pong
🔵 Momma🤍: You're bag is on the counter, love you.
🔵Kristy: WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS?
🔵Sam: is this ur charger? attachment 1 image

Charlie😎

Cup pong

Cup pong: winner

"LORA YOU CHEATED." Charlie said turning to look at her, masons head snapped toward the two as sam looked in the mirror with concern as they pulled into the middle school pick up line. "How could i have cheated?" She snorted at his behavior. "I know you got Mason to play for you!" Charlie said in a serious tone.
"No way, he wouldn't cheat for me, ain't that right masey?" Elora spoke not being able to keep herself from laughing.

"masey? seriously?" Mason asked smiling at the girl.
"I think it fits you!" Elora said as she poked his cheek, she began laughing once again.
"You still cheated." Charlie said with a defeated sigh as he changed the song.

Eloras hand fell from masons face as she let out a small quiet giggle, to her surprise mason placed his hand on top of hers. She looked over at the boy with a confused look on her face, he just looked into his phone as if he didn't even notice. Mason had been sending her mixed signals since she had moved back, she couldn't tell how he felt about her. "Oh Mason, I met this guy, absolute amazing bass player and he's got vocals, wants to try out for the b-band.." Sam said his voice fading as he looked in the mirror at the two.

Suddenly the door to the car slung open Kristy, Dawn, Mary-Anne, and Stacy were all there. "i'll get out so you guys can get into the back." Elora said as she hopped out and pushed the 2nd row forward. "Hey uhm Kristy, didn't you say the 3rd row makes you car sick?" sam asked looked at the girl
"What no-."
"I think maybe she should be in the middle, ya know just incase." Sam said as he laughed awkwardly. "Oh yeah sure, you can take my spot, i like the window seat better anyways! Elora smiled as she hopped in the car closing the door. "Everyone ready?" Charlie said after looking at his brother with a puzzled look.