Chapter Fourteen

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Pouting, Ayame sat next to Kiba; stuck, watching the unconscious boy. She knew he didn't really need supervision but Kurenai had insisted that she stay there with him.

Ayame glared at the boys sleeping form, wanting to murder him for jumping in front of her. She could have taken the hit, he had almost died because of her. Ayame couldn't let herself live that down then and she wanted to hurt herself in everyway possible before the guilt ate her alive.

She made sure Kiba was alright before leaving the room, rushing out of the hospital. She was allowing her feet to take her wherever once again and she didn't want to find out where.

Ayame ignored the tears that were falling down her cheeks, she was used to being a cry baby now. She was useless, not an important aspect to a team.

Her tears were burning her eyes, and her face red and blotchy from the whipping wind. Up ahead, she faintly caught a glimpse of a forest. Blindly and carelessly, she ran ahead.

 Her petite feet carries her pass trees; branches as sharp as knives whipped her face. Momentarily, she glanced down to see blood oozing down to her knees.  She smiled, and embraced the pain. She deserved the pain, the very pain Kiba felt when he was stabbed.

Ayame knew what she was doing was crazy but her body just wouldn't allow her to stop and no matter how much she denied it, she enjoyed the thrill it gave her.

Ayame stopped in a clearing, spinning as she took in her surroundings. She had no clue where she was and she was happy, she would be able to do whatever she needed to do to please herself out here.

The red-head walked over to a tree, one that looked weak and feeble and started punching it. She didn't stop even when her knuckles were turning a purple color or when they started bleeding. She only stopped when the tree finally broke, crashing down onto the forest floor next to her.

That was when Ayame broke.

Her whole will being shattered, every happy memory seemed to disappear into the depths of her mind. Ayame seemed to lose her very being right then and there as she stared emotionless at the fallen tree. She didn't even feel her guilt for Kiba anymore.

She felt nothing.

Collapsing onto the floor, the young girl broke down into sobs. She couldn't understand why she was crying or even what the sounds were that her mouth was making. The sounds were that of a wounded person, echoing throughout the forest.

She screamed, her nails digging into her arms. Wanting to disappear from the world, she grabbed a kunai from her weapon's pouch and ripped at the flesh on her wrist. The blood was oozing slowly, as if taunting Ayame.

Her breathing was rapidly increasing as her eyes took in the damage she had done to her wrist. She had destroyed the skin; just like she had destroyed the tree.