Chapter Ten

Ayame woke up in a dimly lit room, and her first thought was of the cell she had been in most of her life. Her breathing started to quicken and she struggled against the chains holding her down. Ayame started screaming, fear clouding her thoughts too much to think rationally.

Ayame heard the running feet and just started screaming even more, fearing that Kabuto was coming to torture her. Instead, she was wrapped in the arms of a person, the person's black hair falling into her face.

"Ayame-chan, it's okay. We're not going to hurt you."

Ayame stopped screaming, her eyes taking in the form that Kurenai was in. The women had a bandage wrapped around her head and her red eyes had bags underneath them, like she hadn't slept at all.

"K-Kurenai?" Ayame barely heard her voice herself, the tiny squeaky one that came out frightening her. She was thirsty and wanted to go home and lay on her bed, so she could be safe and sound.

"Ayame, before Ibiki comes, I need too know myself," Ayame stiffened, her eyes widening, she didn't want to tell Kurenai anything, she wanted her to think she was the normal girl she knew. "What the hell happened in there? What did you mean by the sound ninja was deceiving us? Ayame, please, you need too tell me."

Ayame couldn't ignore the pleading tone in Kurenai's voice, giving in. "I don't know what Kuri is. I just know that she's not a tailed beast."

Kurenai tried to wrap this around her head, wondering what the hell "Kuri" was then. She just wanted to let the Hokage know that Ayame was no threat, for this, she needed to deliver the information herself before Ibiki came.

"Kurenai-sensei! That sound jounin is deceiving you all though! It's really Orochimaru in disguise and the leaf ninja that quit was Kabuto, his subordinate! You have to believe me Kurenai-sensei, I think he's going to do something horrible to the village!" Ayame now had tears going down here cheeks, once again.

Kurenai didn't waste a second thought and ran out of the room, running right into Ibiki and Inochi. They both just nodded at her, shouting the door behind them. The women just continued running, rushing to get to the Hokage's office.

She didn't waste any time knocking, something she would normally do, instead she just slammed the door right open. The jounin that were inside the room glanced at Kurenai, wondering what had gotten her so worried.

"Hokage-sama! I beg you, please, listen to what I've found out about Ayame and tell Ibiki to stop! Pleas—-"

Kurenai was cut off when the Hokage put his hand up, silencing the female. She was surprised, hoping that he would have let her just continue.

"Kurenai. I understand that you're worried, Ayame is like a daughter to you. I have told Ibiki to use Inochi instead of his tactics. You needn't worry, she's in good hands." The Hokage smiled at Kurenai, nodding his head. He had known this would happen, therefore he had told Inochi to be careful and treat Ayame like she was his own daughter, Ino.

"Then I still have something important to tell you, Hokage-sama." Kurenai was calmed down now, still ignoring the three other jounin standing in the room.