Chapter Nine

Ayame woke with a start, her body jumping from the sudden hand touching her. Her eyes flickered over to the person in question and she saw an extremely tired Kiba, dark bags underneath his eyes.

"We're moving out. Come on." His voice was scratchy and low, just the sound of it causing Ayame's face to burn and turn a bright red. She rubbed her face, her eyes closing for a moment. She could still sense Kiba watching her causing her to open her eyes and just narrow them at him, urging him to get out.

Kiba just rose his eyebrows, holding his hands up in a surrender form and stood up, groaning slightly from having a stiff back. The tent flap shut right after the boy and Ayame stood up instantly. She quickly tied her hair back and grabbed her backpack. She attached her weapons pouch to her left thigh and her headband in its usual position.

Ayame rubbed the sleep from her eyes before she left the tent, her eyes searching for her team. She noticed them standing against the trees and jumped when Shino spoke from right next to her since she hadn't noticed him.

"I'll pack up the tent seeing as it is my tent."

Ayame should have known that the boy would pop out at any given moment but that didn't stop her from nearly having a heart attack. She glared at Shino but knew that the boy couldn't see her. Ayame waited with Hinata while Shino was packing up the tent and Kiba was off doing god knows what.

Ayame shook her head, ridding her thoughts of the Inuzuka, she didn't understand why her thoughts kept drifting to him nor why her face burned whenever he did something even remotely cute.

That was when Ayame noticed it, the chakra was faint but she knew that he was watching them.

Hinata noticed Ayame stiffen next to her and without question activated her Byakugan. Veins formed around the Hyuga's eyes and she searched for the person. Her eyes searched until they came not even forty feet away from their camp and landed on the very person that Hinata had saw in their camp last night.

Hinata glanced at Ayame as if asking the red-head what they should do but widened her eyes when Ayame just put a finger to her mouth, telling the girl to be quiet. Shino noticed both the girls behavior and pretended he was still packing the tent when it was bluntly obvious he was done.

Hinata watched when the person was startled by the loud barking of Akamaru and ran off in the opposite direction. Ayame turned and glared at Kiba who looked confused by his teams behavior, did he miss something?

"You idiot!" Ayame went to smack the boy but was stopped when Shino held up his hand. She glared at both of them before crossing her arms across her chest, a frown now on her face. She had known that chakra signature, Kabuto had been watching them and she wanted to know why. She wanted to capture him and torture him like he had all those years she was stuck with Orochimaru and Kabuto. Ayame wanted to murder Kabuto and she was going to make sure that she did.

"Let's continue on our way." Shino's voice was smooth but demanding which Ayame obeyed immediately. She didn't want Shino to use his bugs on her, this made her shudder just from the thought of it.