11.

I took a sip of my beer as Piper went into my fridge to get a few beer cans. He got back upstairs and set aside some near my bed as he hopped on it.

"Wanna play a drinking game?" Piper looked at me smirking.

"You know I suck at those," I said taking another sip from my beer.

"Two truths and a lie. If you get the lie wrong you have to drink." Piper said taking out a beer can.

"Fine I know everything about you so this will be easy," I said cockily.

"Then I go first." He added. He shifted his back so he was looking directly at me and began to speak. "I love football. I love staying at your house. And you have pretty eyes."

"Did you do all truths?" I said chuckling. "No one's a lie."

"Is it I have pretty eyes I don't know." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Nope it's that I love football."

"What I thought you loved football?" Piper just chuckled as he looked at me. "Nah I just played because you loved it so much. I play mostly for you."

I took a sip of my drink and sighed. "Okay my turn." I started thinking about what I can say and what my lie can be. "I have feelings for Stacy. My favorite subject is math. And I think Steven is annoying."

"Your favorite subject is math?¨ Piper said knowing that wasn't the answer. "No, I have feelings for Stacy."

"What? But I thought she was your dream girl. Your crush?" Piper said looking directly at me.

"Welp you got it wrong have to drink up." I said laughing. Piper took a sip of his beer can and looked at me.

"Okay it's my turn." He gulped and looked at me. He was scared. ¨I have a secret dog that you don't know about.¨

Well yeah, that's a lie. "I'm gay." And that's the lie.

"And I have been secretly in love with you since I could remember." What? What is he talking about?

" That's a lie right?" I said nervously. Piper just laughed and shook his head. "You got it wrong drink up. The lie was I have a secret dog you don't know about."

"Your joking right?" I said. My voice was cracking and Piper was looking directly into my eye like he was trying to understand my worry. "I don't think that's something to joke about Luke."

"You're drunk you probably forget this tomorrow. I understand." I said rubbing the back of my neck. Piper laughed at my response and got up.

"It's not because I'm drunk Luke. Maybe this wasn't the way to tell you but I'm gay. I have been gay for as long as I could remember. I threw myself at girls to try to cure it or something. I hoped so long I could find the one" He said grabbing another beer and drinking it in one go. "I didn't."

"I didn't think I would find the perfect girlfriend for me. Because I knew exactly who I wanted all these years. And it fucking hurt. It tore me apart that it had to be someone I was so close with. Someone that I painfully called my best friend." He looked at me nonchalantly. "You."

"I don't understand Piper. I don't know what you're talking about.." I bitterly Piper just looked at me and sighed. "I'll give you time then." He said while leaving my room. "Just don't make it weird okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

"Are you sure you can drive?" I said my voice still cracked from the overwhelming information.

"Yes, I kind of feel relieved now I don't know how to explain it," Piper said chuckling. "Bye Luke." He left and all I was left with was a shock.

Piper had a crush on me? Since forever. My heart was beating uncontrollably and it felt like I was about to get a heart attack or something. I pulled on my phone and tapped Stacy's contact and called her.

"Hello? What do you want Luke?" Stacy said. "I need to talk to you tomorrow at school or after school."

"Why?" She said annoyed. "About our relationship."

"Okay during lunch," Stacy said. She hung up and I blew a sigh of relief.