7.

As soon as I walked into the party it reeked of booze and smoke. People were dancing and the music was so loud you couldn't even hear your voice.

But still I rather this than go to the homecoming dance at our school. It's so old-fashioned and boring.

"Hey, where's Piper?" I asked Noah. He just shook his head and kept drinking from his cup. I went upstairs to look for him but just saw Steven and this girl I didn't know. I didn't feel like interrupting their conversation so I just looked at where.

I was about to look inside a room but bumped into someone along the way. It was the captain of the knights.

Why was he even at this party? He looked down at me and laughed. "Sorry I didn't see you there."

I ignored him but before I could get away from him he tugged my arm so I wouldn't go. "Wait I'm sorry. Are you looking for something or someone?"

"Yes but you probably don't know where to find them so it doesn't matter," I said.

"Is it that quarterback? I saw you looking at him after you scored the touchdown." He said letting go of my arm. "You guys dating are something?"

"No man fuck off. He's my friend. I'm just looking for him that's all."

"He's downstairs in the basement. You would probably find him as soon as you go down there." He said. "Oh, I almost forgot the names, Jason."

"Luke," I murmured. Jason just sighed and looked at me. "Hey look. I know you said he's just your friend but the way he looks at you tells otherwise. So if you are interested in him he probably feels the same."

"I told you it's not like that. We're just very close friends." I said looking straight at him. "And I'm not gay."

"Well here's my number if you ever needed to talk. Or something else." Jaxon said winking at me. I gave him a disgusted look back and he just laughed. "Oh I forgot you're already taken."

I went downstairs to the basement but stopped at the door.

The way he looks at me? I mean I notice him look at me differently than most people. But it isn't how a guy would look at a girl because he's madly in love with her. Or the other way around.

I held my breath and opened the door. Took the stairs down and saw Piper laying on a couch drinking from a beer bottle.

"Piper what are you doing here by yourself?" I said taking a seat next to him. "I did it. I broke up with Ashley."

"What?"

"She was mad and kept asking if it was because of her or if was it another girl. But I couldn't answer any of her questions. " He said taking another sip of beer.

He reeked of alcohol. So I'm guessing that wasn't his first bottle. "So what are you going to say at the car?"

"Oh, I was going to say I was proud of you. For getting a girlfriend. Especially someone you dreamed of having for a while." Piper said putting down his drink. "Somebody that just gets you. That will always be by your side."

"What are you talking about?" I asked Piper just laughed and looked at me.

"Isn't that what Stacy is to you? Or am I just going off experience?" He said. I don't know why but at this very moment Piper seemed sad. About what? I don't know. We just won our homecoming game. But instead of celebrating he's down here getting drunk.

Piper got up and took a seat right next to me. I could smell the alcohol even more now. "What are you talking about? You just said you never felt anything towards Ashley?" 

"You're so dense Luke," Piper whispered in my ear. I could feel his breath on my neck when he said those words. His voice was husky and raspy. He took his hand and put it on mine and I felt something throbbing in my pants.

"Sorry, I have to go, Piper," I said quickly getting up. I left the basement and Piper and went to the nearest bathroom.

I closed the door and locked it and took a seat on the toilet. What is wrong with me? Getting hard off of my best friend's voice. I took off my pants and looked at the damage.

I groaned and slid my under-wears down. Revealing what I had to hide from Piper. I was about to start when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, why did you leave was it something I said? I'm sorry man." I heard Piper say.

"No dude I um. Just need to use the bathroom." I lied. I put my pants on and went to wash my hands.

"I'm sorry man I said some weird shit." Piper wept.

"Dude it's okay. I'm coming." I got out of the bathroom. Piper was crying. I never saw him like this. Maybe it's because he was drinking? I placed his head on my shoulder so he could wipe his tears on my shirt.

"Why can't I just be normal? Like you and the others?" Piper said still tearing up.

"What are you talking about? Why would you want to be normal? And don't call me that either. Why would I want to be like everyone else in this cursed town." Piper looked at me and smile his eyes lit up again.

The way he looks at me.

"Let's get you home I'll call a Uber." Piper nodded his head and wiped the rest of his tears away.