Chapter 24~ A white butterfly

I grabbed a white button up shirt and helped him put it on. His bicep flexed under the thin white button shirt and it strained his arms a bit. I left the top buttons a bit open exposing a bit of the ink on his chest. As I did all of that I kept eye contact with him. We smiled at each other without saying a word the whole time.
I pulled away from him and tied my hair into a messy bun before I sat on the king sized bed.
And he sat down right after me. "What does it feel like not having someone wanting to kill you?" His eyes seemed to bore a hole in mine before he replied.
"Fucking awesome."
"There is still a small problem... there still are people that want to kill me."
"Oh, sorry." I sighed in disappointment and laid back before wrapping my self up with the sheets. Kai went back into the bathroom and washed his gun. I finally felt in peace, peace I've been wanting for so long. I closed my eyes and replayed the whole day through my mind. Suddenly I heard three knocks and I realised that Darcy was still in the house. No! She is still here, shit. I heard her bang the door again "coming!!" I opened the door holding a knife behind my back.
"Aren't you supposed to be at the wedding?" She asked innocently.
"No, I umm-"
"She is supposed to be with me." Kai interrupted as he came behind me and put an arm around my waist. "Meet Darcy the maid that did my makeup and all." I introduced one to another and she just stood there speechless. I looked at Kai and he looked at me. We had no idea what to do with her.
"Look Darcy, Atlas is dead... this is my boyfriend Kai."
I looked at Kai and gave him an 'I will deal with this nod' and he backed off. I placed the knife I was holding back on my thigh as discreetly as possible so she wouldn't notice anything. I put a hand on her lower back and she was still not speaking a word.
"Did you kill him?" She said when we were half way down the stairs. "No Kai did."
"Stay here." I left her in the kitchen and went to the bathroom. I grabbed some powder drugs that would make her forget everything and put them in my pocket. "Hey Darcy how about I make you a coffee? Take a seat." I turned the coffee machine on and poured the powder in the cup. Darcy's eyebrows came close together forming a frown. She looked a bit confused and worried. I handed her the coffee and patted her back.
"I understand you cared about him, but he was dangerous." After about ten minutes I noticed she started struggling to keep her eyes open. I picked up the coffee when she was done drinking and took it to the sink. I washed all the residue so that no one would find out about the drugs. When I turned to look back at Darcy she was knocked cold. I picked up her body and took her to a shed. I felt so bad for doing it though, she did not deserve this, but if I didn't do that she would have told someone about this and I could never take that risk. I kicked the shed's door down and put her body on a chair. I tied her to the chair and locked the dirty shed's door.
Kai's POV

I sat on the bed once my gun was clean and waited for her to come back. My mind ran back onto how to all of this happened. I, Kai the most heartless man finally grew a fucking heart. I did not think a girl could do that. She has made me weak. I threw some sheets over myself and thought about what the fuck would happen next.
I will make Mariana my wife, and we will have a happy ending. If I manage to get my shit together. I looked around the beautiful room, it contained golden details and beautiful marble statues. The statues were not to big, but they where still beautiful. I placed my wristband on the nightstand and there was a jar of roses on it. The flowers where beautiful and vibrant, but at the same time they had thorns covering the stems. So delicate, dangerous and vibrant at the same time. The color was a deep blood color which reminded me of all the nasty blood that has landed on my hands before. I'm a fucking murderer, and I was pulled into all of this without a choice.
Things that happened in my childhood ruined my whole fucking life. And now all I do to hide all of this is burry my past in a permanently sealed jar, at least I thought it was permanently sealed. Mariana is the first one to ever have opened it, and I fucking let her.
I now like what I do, I don't like taking lives... but I do like taking lives of the assholes that don't deserve to be alive. Like the fuck that tried to kidnapp Mariana.