Chapter 19~ A new mafia

We should get going now. It's late and tomorrow we will be tired if we don't go to bed.
"You say we are supposed to sleep, but you don't even have a place to stay Bella."
I will find a way. I have to. I walked away from Kai and went to a nearby bench to sit down. In the process, I got my legs wet due to the rain, but I didn't care. I needed to find a way to get past this.
Why am I even still protecting my dad? Am I addicted to his abuse?

"You little shit!!" Dad snarled as his liquor-scented breath hit my face. He dropped me onto the ground and I crawled to the corner and buried my face into my hands until I heard the sound of my dad's metal belt making a cling clang sound. I opened my eyes and saw his belt sliding off the hooks of his paint-filled jeans. It slid off so rapidly as I watched I'm horrible. My mom was standing at my kitchen door; frozen. I trembled on the ground feeling as helpless as ever. Waiting for the stinging pain of the belt to hit my skin. Memories of the belt marks on my skin flashed through my head.
Every - single - one.
"Mariana!! Kai grabbed my shoulders with his big hands and shook me, are you okay?! Hearing my name roll out of his mouth was so smooth even though it is a rough name.
How did I not see him come here?
I looked deep into his dense green eyes and told him that everything was fine.
"You did not look okay." Worrisome spread across his face. His eyes rocked back and forth, scanning my face for any signs of something wrong.
"Kai," I said in a low voice. "Kai," I said again, this time a bit louder, but he just continued looking at me. "Kai!!" I yelled.
"What!!??" He asked looking confused.
"I need to tell you something."
He gestured for me to go on and I took in a deep breath. Knowing that if I told him it was probably all going to be over, for my home and my dad.

"I can't go to my father's place, for a few reasons."

"And why is that?"

"My dad will abuse me."
My words gave him a tight slap on the face. All the color drained out of it and his jaw dropped to the floor. I started to shake a bit, in fear of how he would react.

He just stared at me without expression. I felt my eyes start to water and soon the first tear droplet rolled down my cheek.
He placed his thumb on my cheek and wiped the tear droplet off with his warm rough finger.
"It's going to be okay... it's all going to be fine." He slid his hand from my cheek down to my neck and held it there. He looked at my watery eyes and he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek as he took a step back.
"Please don't do anything to my father!" I yelled at Kai as I saw him vanish. I knew what was going to happen next.
I covered my face and sat on the wet, cold grass. My whole body was shivering, but I didn't care. I rocked back and forth as I dug my face into my knees and cried all I could ever do is freaking cry. Kai took me out of hell just to get back in it. After a few minutes of being in that position It was already 1 am when I checked my watch and I felt the need to go home. I was curious to see what Kai had done. I stood up and walked home, but what I saw was not the bunch of police cars I expected to be there. No one was even there. Not even my dad's car was there. I walked to the doorstep taking a deep breath, picturing what the inside could look like right now. The broken porcelain pieces of plates were the first image that came to my mind. I grabbed my keys which I miraculously still had and opened the door. I looked around and somehow the place was clean. There was absolutely nothing inside, almost as if someone had robbed us. I slowly walked through the living room, taking every step with caution. I looked at the table in the living room and passed my finger through it and a bunch of gray dust flew around causing me to have a sneeze attack. The house was so cold and I felt a heavy energy whenever I walked inside it. I wondered what happened.
KAI'S POV
I can't bear to see Bella so fucking sad. I am going to give that son of a bitch what he deserves. I am going to take over the mafia and make Bellas's father burn in hell. I will not call the police on him though. That is probably the least she wants right now. I don't want her to go home and see police officers at her door. I need to find her asshole dad and make him pay. I can give him to Brontward and he can use him as a ransom for Bella that way he will hold him captive forever, because I'm guessing Bella wouldn't care if he gets taken away which means she won't come after him. I felt my fists clench as rage took over my body. The best part is that I would become the boss. The fucking mafia boss! I drove and drove thinking of what was going to happen next. All things could come in my path. I couldn't expect anything specific. My grip on the steering wheel grew tighter and tighter. I was so full of hope for what could happen next. Emotions I never feel are things like love, hope, and happiness. When Bella used to hug me I felt something. Sparks of emotion arise. When I parked my car and got out to enter the mansion, the door was already open and the place looked tidy as ever. But something felt different; off. I just couldn't put my finger on what it was though. I stepped inside the marble floors and looked around for any signs of anyone. After searching the bottom floor I went to the top and found the office door shut with some light coming from underneath it. I made my hand into a fist and was about to knock, but I saw the handle turn to the left before I could.
"Boss!" I said with fake enthusiasm.
"What!!??" He jeered.
"What happened with the butler?" I inquired.
"He has been fired I'm searching for new employees. Now I am going to give you a new task! I need you to find Tom Jackson and his mafia. I want Tom's head on my desk by tomorrow!" He demanded as he fiddled with the pen he was holding.
"Tom? Really? Out of all people you chose my fucking brother? You stoop so low... that shows your misery. But fine! I will get his head on this desk. I never liked him too much anyways." I smiled and left for my room. "You bitch!" He fumed.
I needed a plan, a plan to steal this man's life and take his mafia for myself and Bella. I opened my closet and pulled out a pair of classy pants with a suit. I tucked the tie inside and smirked at the thoughts of what would happen next as I walked out triumphantly. I headed over to the weapon room and took some titanium and stainless steel knives, p2020, and a RE-45. They are not the best guns on the planet, but I need to take them in my pocket sometimes. I stuffed them all into a bag and ran out of the weapon room carrying the objects. I need to find Tom before I make any plans though. I also need to get this guy's trust. That's a lot of shit I gotta solve.
I grabbed the p2020 for safety and placed it in the pocket of my suit. It made it look bulkier, but I was able to hide it. I need to look presentable for my half-brother. If not he will look at me and think I'm still a poor motherfucker that never got a life. I need to gain his trust as well before I backstab him. I know I may seem evil, but I am just like that, selfish and cruel; a monster. I'm doing this for Bella. Such a girl... her beautiful eyes take a huge toll on me. I fucking love her like nobody else, and I'm too selfish to let her go so I will do all in my power to keep her to myself. Even if it means taking my brother to head off.
I placed my knife on the other side of my coat, inside my inside pocket, and walked straight to my car. I know those rich bastards enough to trick them. I wonder where Bella is though. I placed my black helmet on my head and fastened it as I readied for my mission. The motorcycle's engine rumbled as I sped off. The sun was already coming out and I had barely slept. When I arrived at my destination I saw the big golden house, and right in front of me was my half-brother. The one my parents never told me about. The one I found about myself. I adjusted my tie and waved at him, but he just looked at me in disgust. I don't know why though, I never did anything to him. He was blond and tall, not taller than me though. He looked smaller than me but still beautiful. I offered a handshake, but he just turned toward the house and walked inside. I followed behind him and right through the doors of his golden mansion. I wonder how that dick head got the money for that house. He had never spoken a word to me before, but ever since I found out he was my half-brother I knew I did not like him. I don't mind getting his dirty, putrid blood on my hands.
"TOM!! Stop, I'm your brother!"
"Brother?" His ear-piercing French voice echoed through the golden walls of his mansion.
"You?! My brother? Hah! We don't even look alike." He commented. "Yea no shit!" I mumbled to myself. "Could you repeat that?" "Nothing." I took a deep breath in and held all my rage in. His voice was just too annoying especially since the accent was so French-like, he has to be from France. Or at least must have lived there. Rich brats. My face twitched as I looked at his too-clean outfit. It was too clean for my eyes to handle. I still kept my poised act just to get over this.
"It's impossible for a peasant like you to be related to me." He added.
"First, I'm not a peasant. Second, i am quite wealthy so don't you dare treat me like that." I scoffed as my patience disappeared and I was starting to get mad.
My half-brother looked at me with a face of half-impressed but then walked off.
I chased after him again, but this time I grabbed him by the back of his shirt and tugged on it. "Brother!!" I yelled. He looked back. "What do you want!" He turned with a lot of impulses, enough to make me let go.
"I know about your mafia in France... I want to join!"
"What the hell? How do you know that? We never even spoke." He lost his poised act and got interested in me at the mention of it. I've known about it for a while now. "You little fuck! Who do you work for Kai? And who sent you here!!" Mafia runs in our family blood. He is only my half brother though how did he get a mafia all to himself? "Who do you work for? Answer me!!" He grabbed my collar and tried to shake me even though he was doing it by looking up at me. "Back the fuck off!" I pushed him and he went about 2 meters back. Once I did that I felt my suit tear on the shoulder exposing a bit of my skin. "Look what you did to my suit, you moron!" I hissed at him and he looked insulted.
I placed my fingers on the bridge of my nose and pinched it as I looked down in disappointment.
"Tom!" I yelled again. "I don't work for anyone... I wanted to find someone to work for though, and I thought it would be a good idea to do it for you. I extended my hand for a handshake and he took it. I smirked. "Tom, where is your mafia in France where is it exactly?" "First you will have to pass tests to work with me, then you can know where they are. Follow me so that we can do the tests."
Oh god, what shit is he going to do to me now! Whatever these tests are... I will surely make it through. Tom took me to a room with fingerprint and facial identification to unlock it. Inside there were endless rows of weapons and bombs. I looked around amazed at what money can give. "Take this!" He threw an assault rifle right at me and I caught it. Once I had its strap around my neck and a firm grip on it, we walked out and got into another room. Tom was carrying a bag with other weapons I would likely need later and a black suitcase.
"Let's go!" He yelled even though I was behind him. We walked for a few minutes until we reached the "training room" I assume. It was made of gray cracked cement, almost like a basement. The walls were made of painted old cracked bricks and the room was cold and dark. There was a light bulb on the sealing with a metal string to pull on so that we could turn it on. The light flickered when we did and soon the room was illuminated enough to see the rest of the equipment; likely used to train other people. So many people must have been here before.
"So... what's the first-" "Rope climbing... it will gradually get harder and harder, little by little. That's if you even survive." He smirked. He placed his suitcase on a wooden table and opened it up revealing rows and rows of knives.
"What are you waiting for dickhead? Climb!!" I climbed the rope in the blink of an eye, and when I reached the top I jumped right off. Landing on my feet, just like a cat. Due to my jump, the whole room shook. "Come on man this is too easy!"
"No worries, I will make it hard for you!!" He said playfully.
"I will give you three tasks Kai, if you manage to do them correctly I will tell you the location of my workers and you can get a job here, but if you fail... oh man I will make you suffer!" He offered as he walked around me running one of his fingers on the steel blade he was holding.
"I will do them, I will do all three!" I emphasized.
"Oh I know you will, you have to." He demanded as he walked across the room towards a manikin made of rough cloth material.
"I want you to select the right knife from my suitcase and slit this manikin's head and limbs off. You have 5 minutes to do so, so good luck! You will need it." He smiled and took a seat across the manikin, almost next to me.
I swear I'm going to prove this asshole wrong.
I walked towards the suitcase and picked up each knife, checking if the weight was fine and evenly distributed. Suddenly I Remembered Bellas's advice again and how good she was with knives. I miss her so fucking much, her sweet sent to her gentle touch. I wish I could be with her right now hugging her... never thought a person could change me so much. I stared at the knife I was holding a little longer and I knew that it was the right knife. I picked up my four other choices and walked over to the counter where I placed the knives on. I laid each knife one by one planning which knife for which limb. I picked the first one up and closed my eyes taking a deep breath in. I could feel where I was and where each object in the room was, just like Bella had taught me to do. I hate admitting that I can still learn something in this life, but even in that, she changes me. I was likely never going to experience what love is if it wasn't for her. Not like I wanted anything to do with love before meeting her. She is recreating me again and sculpting me piece by piece again.
I snapped back into reality when the clock hit two minutes. I opened my eyes again and let the breath I had been holding escape.
I then threw the first knife at the head. The rest at the limbs. All I could hear was the sound of the knife slicing right through the rough material that the doll was made of.
"Wow, congratulations, you are officially not a loser you passed the first test! Want a cookie now?!" He asked mockingly. I felt my blood boil, but I kept it all in. My knuckles cracked as I clenched both of my fists. "Are you going to cry now?" He teased. "No." I spat. "If you want to join me you have to be a good boy and listen!" He whispered into my ear.
"So! The next task is this, put this blindfold on!" He grabbed a black cloth and got onto his tiptoes as he wrapped it around my head. He then handed me two guns and told me to shoot the manikins with my blindfold on. I ran my fingers through both the guns and chose to use the pistol, the other one was an assault rifle so it probably was not good for manikins. Bang, bang, bang! I shot all three manikins that were there. When I removed my blindfold and turned to look at Tom, his mouth was wide open with shock. He came towards me with the most annoyed expression and grabbed my wrist attempting to pull me somewhere. Not like he succeeded in dragging me though. I let him pull me where he wanted me to go after a while of watching him struggle. "Take a seat." He pointed at the chair that he was sitting on when I was throwing the knives earlier. There was a little door in front of it so I just watched to see what he was about to do next.