Chapter 1~ Freedom

RING!!! Finally, the school bell rang and it was finally time to pack my bag and get out of this hell, disguised as a school. I honestly didn't know what I should do after school: should I just hang around with friends, spray paint the school wall, or maybe go for a smoke?
YESSS!!! I know just what I can do! I fiddled with my hair, as I dialed Raven's number on my old Nokia phone, but she didn't pick it up. I wanted to call her to go to the park and mess around. Raven is the most adventurous friend I've ever had, and we have been friends since I can remember being alive. We are very similar; from her shoulder-length black hair to the pack of cigarettes in her back pocket, a worn-out skateboard, and a pair of light green eyes that sometimes turn dark when she is mad, it's extremely intense.
When Raven didn't pick up the phone, I decided to go sit beside a pond and think. I always went there when I felt lonely because it gave me time to think about my past actions.
Every time I go to the pond it's like it numbs the pain of losing my mother and the trauma I had as a child. The worst part is that I feel like the guilt I carry on my shoulders gets heavier by the day. When she died she left a gap in my heart that I don't think will ever be filled up again. She died about 7 years ago, but I never got over the pain. My dad became an alcoholic after she died. He beats me for any little move I do, so I just try to cover the bruises and cuts he gives me with my baggy jeans and hoodies. A place that was once called home is now only a place of agony and pain.
As I sat around with my thoughts I snapped back into reality when I heard the ring tone of my phone ring, when I checked my phone I realized it was already getting dark and that I needed to find somewhere to stay that wasn't home. Dad would probably not even notice If I didn't arrive because of how wasted he would probably be; like always.
I decided to crash at my friend Kelly's place she is a very nice friend to have sleepovers with and watch movies with. Almost everything about her is the opposite of me even her clothes, but somehow we still fit together like yin-yang. I got my checkered skateboard and started riding to her house since my dad didn't have enough to afford a car. It took me about an hour of riding to get to her house since she lived quite far away; she lives around the rich area of town and I live in the more broken down area, It's a lot dirtier and people are more impolite. Sometimes I look at my life and feel like it couldn't get worse, but then I remember my friends and the people that I think to love me. So that gives me the energy to continue living without taking my own life.
Marianas aesthetic

Kelly opened the giant front door when I arrived at her house it was so big and clean, the complete opposite of mine. We ran up to her room and jumped on the fluffy bed. She ordered one of the mansion's servants to get some popcorn. After about five minutes he walked in with the popcorn Kelly ordered him to get. After we watched the movie I just fell asleep.
The next morning I decided to get ready for school with Kel so we chose an outfit and went off to go to school. What I didn't tell her was that I was not going to class I was planning on simply ditching it I felt too broken to be able to focus on Learning. There is no way I was going there. I liked no one in that school except for Kel and Raven.
I went to get a milkshake and take the day off just so I could get my mind off things. But every day I feel that with every heartbeat agony flows through my veins; poisoning me more and more by the minute. I finally got to the milkshake shop and got my usual caramel & chocolate shake and my three choco macaroons.
After I placed my order, I noticed Raven sitting in the corner with some guy that I had never seemed before sitting next to her. To be honest the guy next to her looked so disgusting. He looked like one of those guys that abused women, but for some reason, my best friend was sitting close to someone that passed that impression. That made me a bit curious so I walked over to their table to say hi.
"What are you doing here Mariana?!" Raven said
Well, err I wanted to get a milkshake and I saw you guys so I just wanted to pass by and say hi!
"Well I have good news this is my new boyfriend," she said as casually as ever
The man glared at me with a stare that rang a bell in my head, it reminded me of the glare my father gave me when he was mad and drunk at the same time.
I got out of the thought train that started forming when I heard Raven screaming for me to snap out of it.
Sorry for interrupting your date. Good luck with this dude. Anyways goodbye! I sprinted out of the milkshake shop, leaving a ten-dollar bill for the milkshake & macaroons. Wait! I forgot to get the milkshake! I walked back into the shop and grabbed my order. The waitress looked confused. Sorry bout that... I then left the milkshake shop for the second time. I picked up my board and made my way back home hoping to get past my dad without him noticing I was gone.
When I walked in I noticed there were pieces of glass scattered across the floor and pieces of ceramic thrown around everywhere as if a tornado ran through our house. I sighed and went up the stairs searching for the broom so that I could tidy up a bit. This happening was quite normal due to my dad being so unstable and drunk all the time, he tries to call strippers sometimes to see if they can give him some satisfaction but it's nothing more than superficial contact, not like anything could replace the whole left in us. I know that my family is now permanently torn apart and it's probably all because of me. I caused her an accident. I should have just waited a bit longer to show her my game but she decided to look so that she could make me happy and then crashed. All I Remember was waking up in a hospital bed and then the news of my mom instantly entered my ears causing me to erupt into tears; permanent tears. When my dad laid his eyes on me he looked in a bad mood so he decided to scold me for coming late and skipping school. Somehow he found out about me skipping school, I have no clue how.

Thanks so much for reading this I appreciate it and since this is the first chapter it will be kind of boring, but things will get better soon so continue reading I promise you will love it and if you don't, I'm sorry it is my first book! This book has NO EDITING so please don't judge 🍄🕷😭 my book gets more interesting at around chapter five if you didn't like this.