EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
nothing lasts forever

VISA COUNT: 6 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

VISA COUNT: 6 DAYS ﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

tw: niragi

     HATTER HELD HIS dramatic farewell in front of the Beach the next day. He sat on top of the convertible with his hands wide in the air, gladly listening to the members of the group's cheers. Ayame let out a deep breath at his giant ego, it had grown an extreme amount since he started the Beach.

       It felt like it took hours—when in reality it probably took like ten minutes at most—before Hatter announced, "I'm off!"

      The cheers increased in volume as the car Hatter was in reached the end of the Beach's gate. Curiously, Ayame sent a glance to the militants. She spotted them glance at each other, then looking smugly back at Hatter's car. Man, I hope I'm wrong about this.

        Ayame leaned against the pole by the exit of the Beach—per Hatter's earlier request—and watched as the car neared her. As it did, Hatter was still on the roof of the car. He noticed her and waved at her with a smile.

        Ayame swallowed the bad feeling in her gut and waved back, a small smile adorning her face as well. Please come back safe.

        And then, Hatter was off, leaving her view.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

       She had heard nothing the night before but got distracted by militants who said they needed her help. Ayame did so and helped them gather materials from stores that had yet to be ransacked for the Beach. Now they were returning around noon the next day.

      She didn't bother with any of the sorting it, the militants gave each other a knowing look and said she was free to go. The bad feeling in her stomach only got worse the further into the building she got. And when Kurayami found her and informed her, "You're needed in the meeting room," her heart dropped.

       Ayame was breathing rapidly as she reached the meeting room. Not because she was not fit, but because she was nervous. Kurayami was still beside her, although he was giving her space. The fact that he of all people was respecting her personal space subconsciously confirmed her suspicion.

        But as she reached the hallway of the room she was still in denial. Ahead of her was Niragi, his rifle lazily being held on his shoulder. He noticed the two walking down the hallway and called out, "Hey—!"

        "Don't even think of it, Niragi." Ayame cut off before he could continue.

        Niragi reeled back but then started to walk towards them, the three walking in the same direction for a moment, "We have not spoken properly in way too long! Stop ignoring me and—"