❤️19❤️

Y/n POV:

Vinnie has been gone for a day but I still have no idea where he went, Ember has been well behaved the whole time she's been at my parents though which is good considering her being a newborn. There was a knock at my parents door and there he was standing with flowers in his hand and the smile I remember liking in high school, "oh.. hello Ryan" I said "how did you know I was here?" He tried to step in but I blocked the doorway "I overheard your mother talking to mine on the phone c'mon bird you know they've always been good friends." I kind of cringed at the nickname he use to call me when we were dating in high school "why are you here?" I still had Ember in my hands but he never noticed her "I just thought I'd stop by so we can catch up, I've been seeing that you have been having a hell of a time in California."

"Ryan please I have my daughter-" he cut me off before I could say anything else "daughter huh? I knew it was just a matter of time before you got knocked up by some Hollywood big-shot then dumped right back on your ass." his words did hurt even though that's not what happened "see I told you that you should've stayed here with me baby" he drug his finger down my cheek which made me jump a little and freeze up but I held tight onto Ember. "You know now that you mention her I did see an article of you and that fuck boy were together, didn't know you'd have a bastard child from it" all I felt was rage when he said that "what did you say about my daughter?" I heard a voice from behind Ryan and when he turned I seen Vinnie standing there which made a small smile creep up on my face.

"For your information if you really need your nose in our business Y/n and I are together and happy with a beautiful family. More than you'll ever have, let me guess your back story" he walked over to stand beside me and paused for a moment and put his finger up to his lip and hummed really loud making it look like he was thinking but in a comedic way. "You're a washed up quarterback star from a small town that got into college on an athletic scholarship, but after an injury you lost your free ride which lead you to returning home working a minimum wage job. Or hell even being an unemployed alcoholic cruising for younger girls trying to relive your glory days, but when you heard your high school sweetheart who more than likely dumped your ass was back in town you think you could get back with her and ride off of her success for the rest of your life am I close Ryan?"

Ryan looked like he was about to throw a fit right there on the porch so I backed into the living room to protect our daughter in case it got physical. "At least I didn't get famous by exposing my body and making cringe worthy TikTok's that thirteen year old's watch" all Vinnie did was chuckle and cross his arms then leaned against the doorframe. "Buddy you can make fun of me all day but at the end of the day who is making six figures and worth a million dollars" there was silence for a few seconds "and that's what I thought, look man I don't want to fight you but if you come back again to harass my girlfriend or daughter again I'll kick your ass then call the cops while your laying on the ground needing medical attention." After everything was said and done I could tell Ryan was pissed but he reluctantly left he came to sit beside me and I gave him Ember to hold.

"Daddy loves his little girl" he said before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead "Y/n.." I looked up in his pretty hazel eyes and he looked like he was gonna cry. "I have treated you so horribly and that's not who I am Y/n I have realized over the time I've had here then driving up to see my own parents that you are the only one I want in my life. I know we're young but I am in this for the long haul and I am willing to prove everything I am telling you" what he said made me tear up and I wanted to hug him right then and there but he still hurt me and that's what was making me hesitant about this whole thing. "Vinnie I have been waiting for you to say these things to me but you may have waited to long I don't want to look at someone and worry that they'll go out again and do what you did but next time I won't know" I then seen tears form in his eyes.

"Y/n.. please I promise to you that I will do anything to gain your trust back believe me I don't want you to forgive me and us jump straight into a relationship. I want us to build and get to know each other more, go out on dates and grow with each other imagine our daughter looking at photo albums wanting a relationship like her parents. I want our daughter to be able to look at us and say 'wow dad sure loves mom and mom sure loves dad'" and with what he said that's all I've ever wanted ever since I was a little girl because I was able to see my parents and say the exact same thing. "Vinnie if you're absolutely serious about what you just said then I am willing to give you another chance but once you blow this chance then there's no more we will co-parent and live separately" "I promise I am one hundred percent serious."