❤️16 ❤️

I looked at him in his eyes and what he said is just going to make my decision a lot harder then I wanted it to be. "I said I forgave you Vinnie I didn't say I would take you back" he stepped back and looked broken "I love you Vinnie but I don't want that happening again maybe we can try later down the road okay?" he nodded "We can coparent Ember and I can let you have the house and I can find a temporary apartment until I can get a house to move into." "No no my stuff is already out keep the house and I'll go back to the hype house until I can find a place" I gave a sad smile I would always love Vinnie but right now we just needed to be young to the best of our abilities while raising a kid.

A week later

Ember came home a few days ago and she's doing pretty well though she wakes up about four times through the night but it's to be expected. Gray absolutely adores her and sleeps by her crib in a way to make sure she's safe when she's sleeping, Vinnie has been staying over in the guest room that I made out of his old game room he helps with her through the night. Him staying isn't permanent eventually he'll stay at the hype house and take her for a week and we'll just alternate weeks. Kouvr has came over with Alex to see her and so has Thomas and Mia, the others said they'd pop in when they had the time.

"Look how beautiful you are" I said in a baby voice while I changed her and put her in a little lion onesie, I snapped a photo and posted it to Instagram with a little lion emoji as the caption, "here lets go see daddy" I took her into the bedroom and sat at the end of the bed "look its daddy" I said propping her up in my arms to face Vinnie "hi daddy's little girl" he scooped her out of my arms "I have to go grocery shopping will you be okay?" he nodded "okay there's a bottle in the fridge when she gets hungry I'll be back."

I grabbed my keys but before I could walk out the door my phone rang I looked and seen it was my mom "hello?"

"Oh sweetie I had to call you-" somethings not right I can hear it in her voice and before she could finish her sentence I cut her off.

"Mom what's wrong?"

"It's your father dear he isn't doing too good"

"I'm coming home mom"

I hung up the phone and put my purse down and immediately went to start packing for me and the baby. Vinnie appeared in the doorway of my bedroom with Ember in his arms "what's wrong?" he asked "my dad is sick" he noticed I was backing stuff for the baby "you're taking Ember?" "yes Vinnie my parents haven't met her and this could be the last time my dad could."

"You're not going to talk to me about this?" "Vinnie what do I need to talk about?" I stopped and looked at him "I wont get to see her Y/n doesn't that matter?" "it's not like you can't come visit her in Oregon" I continued packing "how are you gonna get there? She's too young to fly" "I'm driving"

He heavily sighed "that's ten hours Y/n with and infant" "I don't care I'll make it" he walked out of the room and left me to pack. Once I was done I moved on to her diaper bag and then to pack everything in the car, Vinnie brought her outside and strapped her in and then I had Gray get up in the passenger seat. I walked back to where Vinnie was and heard him talk to Ember "Daddy will see you later baby I promise" he placed a kiss on her head and then closed the car door, he didn't say another word to me and just got in his car and left.

I got in mine and pulled out of the driveway starting the long drive hopefully she stays asleep for most of the ride. I was mostly right but she did get fussy when it was time for her to eat and to get changed but I finally made it back to Oregon. I pulled into my parents driveway and got out to unbuckle Ember from her car seat, I walked up on the porch and knocked on the door. "Hi mom" I smiled and gave her a hug that's when she noticed Ember "oh Y/n you're still a baby" she said before taking her out of my arms "I know mom but I love her and she's the best thing that has ever happened to me" I looked at her in her grandmothers arms and gave a small soft smile.

"Do I get to meet the father?" She asked looking around me to see if anyone else was with me "when he comes and visits the baby mom" "you guys aren't together?" I shook my head almost ashamed. She just walked in the house with Ember and I unloaded the bags into their guest bedroom, I set up the portable bassinet and laid down a soft blanket. Mom came in and laid her in it and then we went to sit in the living room "what's wrong with dad?" "Well honey he has had lung cancer, you know how your dad is a heavy smoker and he has been refusing treatment for years now" "years!?" I exclaimed my mom just looked down "where is he?" "He just pulled in" I looked outside and seen my dad's car and then he got out with roses and sunflowers in each hand "don't tell him I told you" I snapped my head back at my mom.

"What? Why?" "He never wanted me to tell you, I told him you were coming to visit though" the door opened and he smiled "hi baby" I smiled and went to hug him tighter then I should have "here I bought these for you" he handed me the sunflowers "thank you dad." He handed my mom her flowers "our daughter also has a surprise" my mom kind of glared at me, I walked into the spare bedroom and picked up Ember and brought her to my dad. He took her and smiled I then saw tears fall "look how beautiful" he said as he rocked her "Ember is her name" I said "hi Ember I'm your pawpaw" I looked over at mom and I seen her tear up. This was going to be an emotional stay.