❤️17❤️

That night my mom, dad and I sat around the fire pit in the back yard while Ember was asleep in the house, I made sure to have the baby monitor by my side in case she woke up. "So kiddo what happened?" "Well dad my ex boyfriend came home drunk and with another girl but in the end she broke up with him and he wants to get back together for Ember and I want to as well but I feel we need time apart." "Well kiddo kids don't benefit when the parents are together just for them as bad as it sounds its true, be together out of love or everyone will be miserable."

My dad isn't wrong "I do still love him dad but how can I trust he wont do something like that again?" He thought for a second "let me ask you something, has he ever done that before Ember was born?" "No" "has he done it since Ember has been home from the hospital?" "No" "then maybe is it possible he was just trying to prove a stupid point to his friends and got carried away? Granted it was stupid to act like that but you guys are still young and dumb." I thought about what my dad said "I'd like to meet him" I snapped out of my thoughts "dad what?" "I'd like to meet the father of my grandchild, not too much to ask if you guys are still talking and getting along."

I pulled out my phone and texted Vinnie.

Y/n:

Hey what are you doing tomorrow?

Vinnie:

I didn't have anything planned why?

Y/n:

My dad wants to meet you, if I send you the address will you drive up?

Vinnie:

Umm yeah sure I guess

Y/n:

Cool here's the address *Address*

"He said he would come up tomorrow dad" "great! We can all go out for dinner" before I could protest Ember started to cry so I went inside after telling my mom and dad goodnight. As I rocked her back to sleep my mind kept wondering to Vinnie and what he was doing and if he would be there for me when my dad passes away, then I caught myself thinking about if my dad would still be around if I were to get married. I felt the tears stream down involuntary as I kept thinking about it.

I couldn't sleep I kept thinking about my dad and how much longer he still has left. I could hear him all last night coughing and it hurt me every time he did it broke me. "Good morning sweetheart" my mom greeted as I sat down with Ember "morning" she stood up and took Ember from me "has she ate?" "No the last time she ate was around four in the morning" I looked at the clock and seen it was almost nine "she might want to eat again there's a five ounce bottle in the fridge."

"Hey kiddo" I turned around and seen my dad coming in from the back hallway "hey dad" I gave a slight smile and he pat my head as he walked by "when is Vinnie coming in?" "I don't know I haven't heard anything from him since last night." I watched my dad go into the living room "would this be him?" I got up and joined my dad at the window he was looking out of I sighed a little "sure is" he walked over and opened the door for Vinnie and he awkwardly came in.

"You must be Vinnie" my dad said looking at him "yes sir" Vinnie held out his hand for my dad to shake but my dad just looked at it making him retract his hand slowly. My mom walked in with Ember and said hello to him while giving him the baby, he instantly smiled "hi pretty baby, how's my favorite girl." "Vinnie do you care if I talk to you privately?" my dad asked in a stern voice "yes sir" he said handing Ember off to me and walking outside.

Vinnies POV:

I walked outside with Y/n's dad and we both started taking a walk "Mr. Hacker my daughter means the world to me I hope you know that" he started. "She means the world to me too sir" he looked at me skeptical "if you did then she wouldn't be here" I have to admit she wouldn't be here if I would have showed her how much she means to me. "Mr. Hacker-" "Vinnie" I say cutting him off trying to get him to be less formal "Mr. Hacker" he repeated and continued "I'm very sick and I don't have that long, I want to leave this world knowing my daughter and granddaughter will be well taken care of. Now whether that is with you or another guy that's up her, but mark my words Mr. Hacker if it is with you then I expect you to treat her like a princess." "Queen sir" he turned to side eye me and made a humming noise that sounded questioning "she's your princess sir but to me she's my queen and I plan on treating her as such."

"Mr. Hacker let me ask you something" he stopped walking and took a seat at a bench and I sat next to him "why did you do it?" I was taken aback by his question I never really thought about why I cheated. I mean I did it at the time because I didn't know if I wanted Y/n as my wife or if I wanted her in my future but then again this was before Ember was born, plus she was always sorta getting on my nerves ordering me around to put things together or to satisfy her weird cravings. "I was selfish" I finally said breaking the long silence "I wasn't thinking about her not being able to do things while she was pregnant I was being selfish when I shouldn't have been" there was more silence.

"You guys shouldn't have had a child so young quite frankly it was stupid especially when this whole thing started as a publicity stunt, but she's here now and that little girl isn't going anywhere anytime soon." He was right but I wouldn't want to have it any other way I love Ember with all of my heart and Y/n she's so caring and loving and she makes an amazing mom I couldn't imagine having a child with anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for not updating for awhile guys, I've been moving. Chapters should be coming out more regularly now!