(Ch. 12) -Late Night Studying (Extra Chapter!)

It was another one of those days again. Studying every word in the textbook. Quick, agile fingers pranced around the silver, metal clicks, causing the screen attached to it to change. The coffee next to Damian laid, halfway completed. Damian was still in his uniform even 10 hours after class. It was 1:43 Am and Damian was writing down notes in his textbook, trying to make up for the 91% on his test. 

This is nowhere near my goal. I should be exceeding the expectations.. not just meeting it. Father would be so disappointed. 

Damian's hands were used to this heavy treatment, being able to withstand the hours of cramping and soreness. Damian had been helping Anya study as usual after school, only taking 40% of his total studying time. Anya wasn't glued to studying everything and he knew that, giving her breaks in between every 30-60 minutes, just talking or cuddling. Those hours weren't that long but Damian cherished every second. 

His mind wasn't just filled with schoolwork and studying, it was also being swarmed by thousands of What Ifs about the proposal. Should I do it in a public or private area? When's the right time? Will she like the ring I'll give her? What if she says.. no? No! She'll say yes.. right? Wait, is this the right time? Should I...

He looked to the side where he saw his wedding ring box. I should really put this somewhere hidden.. Damian was too tired to get up, though.

Damian's eyes were beginning to feel heavy as if weights were resting on his eyelids. His face began to droop, his bottom eyelashes following the same act. 

Damian was exhausted, as you can probably tell. 

If this is what Demetrius had to do to get his father's respect, then he would do the same. He looked towards the calendar, completely forgetting the day due to his cluttered mind, January, 4th.

Then, the door handle made a small cracking sound of a key being injected in. Damian panicked, picking up the small pink box that laid on his desk and ran towards his drawer and swiftly put it inside, bundling it up inside the polished wood full of neatly folded clothes. He ran back to his desk, calming down.

The keyhole turned and then the door handle itself turned. It opened a bit to where he could see an eye. Though, he didn't need to see any other feature as he already knew who it was. Anya.

Anya peeked her head in and frowned when he saw Damian sitting at his desk. Damian gave her a sweet, tired smile. Anya walked in and closed the door. She was in her pajamas. She walked towards Damian. Cliiick... cliick.. click.. The dorm was completely quiet; everyone already asleep at this hour. The architecture of Eden was of the finest quality, very rarely having any flaws. Everything was pristine and clean. Only because of the sheer dead silence the dorm had did the sound of Anya's slippers hitting the ground make an echo. 

Damian already knew what Anya was there for. He turned in his chair slightly and opened his arms wide. Anya jumped in and hugged him, tight

"Sy-on boy... go to sleep.. you are going to be tired in the morning..." Anya said softly, sitting on Damian's lap while he sat on his chair. Damian sighed. Please..

Damian hugged Anya tight, Anya resting her head on his chest. Then, he felt his chest get wet. Wet drips expanded on the velvety fabric, traveling through the thickness to Damian's skin. He immediately grew worried and carefully lifted up Anya's head.

He looked at Anya first. Her face was tired, eyes glistening. Tears dripping down her face. He wiped the liquid off with his finger, a look of concern all over his face. 

"Is everything alright?" Damian asked Anya, whispering. He kissed her forehead.

"No! You are a-always overworking yourself and studying way t-too much! I feel l-like you're going to hurt yourself. Sleep.. please..." Anya said, angrily whispering. She dropped her head back onto the wet fabric she had just cried on, burring her head deeper. 

Damian could feel Anya crying even more. He held her tighter and looked at the window. A new moon.

"I'm going to be okay... You don't need to worry about me." Damian reassured, burring his head into Anya's soft, pink hair. He then closed his textbook, creating a thump. He closed his laptop, making a snap. He put his pen back in his pencil cup and got up, carrying Anya who was still crying, not as much though. He walked over to his bed and lifted the blanket, placing Anya inside as gently as possible. He then came inside with her. 

Anya snuggled up into Damian's uniform. "You didn't change your clothes?" She giggled.

"Oh, right.." Damian said, looking at his uniform. 

The both began to laugh. For the next 5 minutes, they talked about random things. Anya talked about her mom and Bond, stories of them when she was a kid. 

"...And so Bond ran all the way to papa's just to avoid eating mama's cooking!" Anya said, laughing. Damian listened, smiling softly. This idiot.. 

Then, Anya began to tell another story. "..So I helped mama and papa cook in the kitchen! I stirred all the cake batter! Hehe!" Anya smiled brightly, continuing her story of her kitchen adventures, talking about how much fun she had. Damian smiled at this, happy for his girlfriend's happiness. Still, he had a small itch of jealousy for her family. I wish my father did that for me...

Anya saw this and frowned, already knowing why. "Forget your family, they suck!" She said, annoyance prickling her at the thought of Damian's Dad. 

The mission was already over but Damian still had a small urge to gain his fathers attention, making Anya sad. She knew he deserved a better father figure and kept trying to make him forget about him. Damian understood this but it took time to fully forget. 

Anya poked Damian's cheek. "Do you hear me?" Anya said, as sternly as possible. Unluckily to her, Anya had this tone where she didn't sound angry but instead like she was trying to, sounding adorable to Damian's ears. He nodded, still in a not-so-good mood. 

"....yeah.."

Anya huffed proudly and stuck her head back into Damian's chest. After a minute of comforting silence, Damian could hear Anya begin to snore. Then, he felt another part of his chest get wet. Anya's drool. He sighed, smiling softly. He tilted his head to the side and saw Anya's soft, peaceful face. Sparkles surrounded her like the air. He felt comfort in Anya's presence, like all of his worries melted away like ice. 

He looked to the right, looking at the drawer where he had stuffed the pink box inside. His eyes softened. Hopefully tomorrow goes as planned... Damian smiled before his eyes fell, joining Anya.

[2:03 Am], end.

---------------------------------------------☼☼☼

𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚍𝚊𝚢!! 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝟸 𝚘𝚛 𝟹 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚑𝚎! 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 "𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝"𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚊𝚢/𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝! 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞! <𝟹 ^^

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡