(Ch. 7) -Christmas Eve

The building was crowded with hundreds of people. With every inch Anya moved, she touched somebody else; whether it was a small shove, a push, or a swift nudge. Anya felt like she was in a ping ball machine. She was looking for Damian or Becky; her eyes darting from left to right. She even sometimes had to jump to look over the pile of bodies. Though, the crowd wasn't the main reason for her panic; Her head was getting dizzier and dizzier by the second. People were talking non-stop and their thoughts were overlapping making it sound like a rock concert. She was covering her ears with her arms but it didn't help.

"MOVE!"

I have to get home soon..

"Hey, Amanda! Wanna come over?"

OOO! Cookies!

"I need help on this question, Mrs. Sim!"

"HALF DAY!"

"Hey, wanna look over a clift-"

"I don't think we have school until January like... didn't she say 10?"

"Frosty the snowman! A jolly, happy soul-"

Ugh. I hate today.

Will my dad like a pair of socks or is it not thoughtful enough?

BATHROOM BATHROOM BATHROOM BATHROOM BATHROO-

A text from my mom.

I have a party to get to today... was it 5 or 6?

Then, somebody hugged her. She would have immediately turned away but she knew this presence. Damian excused himself as he pushed people away from the walkway to the door. He offered money to those who refused or used his Desmond title to frighten them.

Damian whispered in Anya's ear. "Are you alright? We're close to the door, we'll be outside soon." He lightly kissed her forehead as he made his way through the sea of people.

"Mhm.. it hurts..." Anya groaned, covering her nose. Blood started to drip from her face as it started to fall onto the floor. 

Damian noticed this and immediately checked his pocket. Shoot. I forgot my handkerchief.. He took his hand and covered Anya's nose. 

"Can you breathe? Am I holding on too tight-" Damian asked Anya, still pushing people aside. 

Anya turned around to hug Damian and whispered, "No, it's okay-" Anya suddenly jolted down a bit to which Damian quickly held her back. "Anya?" Damian whispered, concerned.

"I'm sorry for being a burden.." Anya whispered so quiet, it was surprising that Damian heard.

"You're not being a burden, Anya. Don't say that about yourself, okay?" Damian swung the door open as he gently lifted Anya with his arm. He ran through the crowd, the number of people decreasing with each step. He dropped Anya off behind a tree, far away from the people. Anya fell down against the tree and Damian followed, kneeing on the ground. He placed Anya on his lap and gently wiped away the blood.

"Is it better here or still loud?" Damian asked.

"It's good..." Anya said. She tilted her head off to the side, her head hurting. The blood was still falling down, creating puddles and stains on her uniform and white socks. Some drops even fell on Damian, but he didn't care.

"That's good to hear." Damian sighed, still covering her nose. Then, they both heard a voice.

"Anya-chan?! ANYA-CHAN? ARE YOU OKAY?" Becky was running around.