21 - End

Eleanor lay in her bed with the kids deep asleep. Of course, Adrian and Lex were on one side of her and on the other side lay Noah. She ran her hands through his hair, hoping that decision had come to was the best one and that everyone accepted it.

She turned and stared at her daughter, wondering where she would accumulate enough strength to walk away from her, but she had to. The children always played together. Noah could accidentally touch Adrian or Lexi and kill one of them without meaning to.

When a knock came on her door, she stood up and opened. The queen walked into the room and smiled when she noticed the three angels in the bed deep asleep. "Adeline informed me of what occurred. What do you plan to do?"

"I believe that it might be best if Noah and I leave until he can control this."

"What about Lexi?"

"If we stay, she is danger."

"I think a solution for now would be for him to wear gloves."

"And what is his sister gives him a kiss on the cheek? Gloves don't guarantee anything."

"Eleanor, you cannot leave now. Walter is not stable—"

"You can rule over the wolves. I have to focus on the safety of my children."

"Fine, but at least wait until Walter is stable to take care of his child."

"What will be Aaliyah's punishment?"

"I have not chosen one yet, but rest assured she will not go peacefully."

"Walter loves her."

The Queen shook her head and put her hands on Eleanor's shoulders. "Correction, he believes he loves her, but he truly loves you."

"What if he never remembers? What will happen then?"

"Help him remember. I know you are more than capable of doing that." The Queen gave her a kiss on the forehead and smiled. "Good night." Then, she was gone. Arms wrapped around herself, Eleanor glanced at their children and hoped, begged to the moon goddess that he did in deed remembered; she couldn't leave Lexi here without knowing for certain she would be safe with her father.

Through the entire night, Eleanor tossed and turned. Noah was a bad sleeper. He put his arms , legs on her, as if the bed was all for him. When the sun finally rose and brought light into their room, she was exhausted, but of course, the kids woke up energized for the new day. Kathleen and Adeline opened the door with breakfast in their hands for not only the children, but Eleanor as well. Eleanor sat up as the kids headed into the bathroom to wash their teeth.

"Good morning." Kathleen handed her a plate of pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. "Did you sleep? You look horrible."

"I couldn't."

"Today the Queen is going to decide upon punishment for Aaliyah." Adeline grabbed her hand. "Walter is more calmed. Of course, he still doesn't remember, but I think that perhaps letting him see his children might help. Even without memories, he will sense his blood bond to them."

"I'm not sure." If he got crazy again, he could hurt them.

"Trust me. This could actually work."

"Okay, but they are not going down on the cells. Tell Isaac to release him and have someone escort him upstairs."

"Are you sure?" Kathleen asked.

Eleanor nodded.

She was certain at that moment, but when he walked into the room, her heart began to pound in her chest. From the room connected to hers, the children must have seen him because Adrian and Lexi ran toward him, joy evident in their dazzling smiles. Eleanor took a step forward, afraid Walter might not react the way she wanted him to, but to her relief, he did nothing that would harm them.