14 - Heart Insists

Eleanor's eyes fluttered open and she bit her lips as her wrist burned when she tried to move her arms. When her eyes fully opened, they widened with surprise because she could not move her arms at all. Desperately, she tried to break free from the silver chains keeping her hands above her head on the bed.

The door of the white room creaked open and Isaac walked in. "Hello, Eleanor."

"What's going on? Why am I chained to the bed?"

He turned his face away. "I'm sorry, but they fear you and are demanding your death."

"What?" Eleanor glanced at her stomach when she realized she could feel a small pain in her abdomen. "What happened?"

"They had to do an emergency c-section. The baby was in distress..."

"Where is he?"

"Eleanor-"

"Isaac stop dodging the question!" When she tried to pull her hands free, she cried out as the silver burned more into her skin. "Please. I did nothing wrong."

"Eleanor, you attacked the king...and...and you also committed a crime."

"And what is that?"

"You turned an Alpha human..." There seemed to be more he wanted to say, but decided against it.

"There is no rule against that."

"Eleanor you don't understand. No one trusts you. They are trying to overthrow my brother."

Her eyes widened. "What?"

"He already has fought three wolves who challenged him for the crown. Eleanor, he cannot keep this up and more when he is hurting because...."

"Because of what?"

"It is best he tells you himself. It is not my place. I'm sorry, I tried everything to reason with them, but they are blind with terror." Hesitant, he turned and left the room.

"Isaac!Isaac!" Eleanor stared at the ceiling, wondering if her child was okay. Tears fell from her face as she tried to calm herself down. When the door opened again, she expected Isaac to walk back into the room, but it was Aaliyah instead. After closing the door behind her, she approached Eleanor. Once close enough, her hand made contact with Eleanor's cheek.

"Look at what you have caused."

Eleanor said nothing as she glared at her.

"I still do not understand why Walter protects you. After what you did, it should be more than clear to him that you are a threat and should be terminated."

"Aaliyah." At the high-pitched voice, Eleanor glanced at the door to find the Queen standing at the doorway, hands clasped in front of her. "Leave." Without arguing, Aaliyah exited the room, looking not pleased at all. "There are many out there asking for your head."

"Where is my child?"

"He is safe." The Queen walked closer. When she touched the chains, they shone blue and unwrapped from Eleanor's wrist, releasing her. "How many times have I said that a weak person would never last in the throne?"

Eleanor sat up and rubbed her aching wrists. "A weak Alpha is a dead one. I know that."

"You know what I would do if my adherents turned against me?"

Eleanor made eye contact with the queen.

"I would kill them all."

"I can't."

"Then, they will come for your head after they kill my son."

At that, her heart ached. "I won't let anyone hurt him."