Chapter 13

Just as Cale was about to start recalling what happened during the whole day up to the point Rok Soo collasped, Choi Jung Soo and Lee Soo Hyuk arrived gasping for breath.

"S..sorry we're..late... We ran.. from the car to here since our car was parked a bit further than here." Jung Soo explained still gasping for breath.

"How's Rok Soo?" Lee Soo Hyuk, the ever so responsible immediately ask to which they responded by simply shaking their heads.

"Cale was about to explain what happen throughout the day since they were together the whole day so only he knew what might've caused this." Eruhaben explained to the two who simply nodded ignoring the fact that Rok Soo was with Cale the whole day.

"The day started fine.. We arrived at the amusement park, rode some rides and ate lunch together before continuing for the whole day and then it was time for dinner. I proposed to him and he said yes and then when we were about to go home Rok Soo suddenly had difficulty breathing and..and... he fainted while coughing blood. There was a lot of blood and I... I..."

"Hey hey, don't worry okay, our Rok Soo is strong isn't he? He'll be fine and the next thing you he'll be kicking and alive again" Choi Jung Soo assured even though he himself was shaking as tears threaten to fall from his eyes.

"Mhm, weak human is weak but he's strong!"

"Rok Soo had to be okay, we still haven't finished the game afterall."

"Our dear Rok Soo would make it through, I'm sure of it."

Believing in Rok Soo's will to live, they chattered for a bit to lift the gloomy atmosphere when Jung Soo realised something.

"Wait! Cale, you said you proposed to Rok Soo so you and Rok Soo..."

Cale's lips twitched upward as he lifted his hand showing the ring placed snugly in his ring finger.The sparkling round-cut stone glinted light showing the quality of the ring he wore.

"As you might've guessed, he said yes." His couldn't hold back his smile anymore as he realised that yes, Rok Soo accepted his proposal.

"Congratulations you two, though we'll have to wait for Rok Soo to wake up properly congratulate the both of you."

"Che, Rok Soo you lucky man."

"Hyunnie, that weak human is still our uncle you know?"

"I told you it's going to be alright."

Eruhaben's words made everyone silent, looking at the golden haired man who was smiling at them.

Yes. Eruhaben do, in fact knew in advance that Cale was going to propose to Rok Soo during today's date.

A few days ago, after Cale asked Hillsman to park at a shop that caught his attention, he actually went to a renown for their high quality gem jewellery shop. He thought that if he and Rok Soo couldn't be together until they're old, why not just until they could?

Mustering his courage, he entered the shop to which he was greeted by the staff almost immediately. He had almost forgotten that he was known as Cale the Trash™ since he hasn't been causing troubles as of late.

He practically ignored the staff who keep recommending him the shiniest,biggest and the most obnoxious ring he had ever seen his whole entire life. He wanted them to be practical but was also chosen with care since Rok Soo liked it that way. Simple but beautiful. That's how he always was. If he had chosen that ring with the stupidly big diamond, that ring might as well get thrown into the river with how impractical it is to wear during daily life.

He was about to give up when he saw the perfect rings that was simple but beautiful that would fit the two of them just right.

Sure of his decision, Cale immediately placed an order for the rings to which he was lucky because they had both of their sizes so he could buy it right away.

He knew Rok Soo's finger size since he once jokingly put a ring shaped snack on Rok Soo's finger for comparison to Cale's own finger size.Rok Soo's finger size was the size of Cale's index finger which made it easier to explain.

The next day, he texted Eruhaben saying that he wanted to meet for coffee after school at the hidden coffee shop near his house where he revealed his intention to propose to Rok Soo.

"I'm afraid you can't."

"Why not Eruhaben-nim? Is it because I'm still a high scholar that you believe I can't provide the happiness Rok Soo deserve?"

"Not at all. I know for sure that you'll be able to make Rok Soo happy."

"Then?"

Eruhaben sighed messing with his long lock of hair.

"First of all, I hope you do know about his condition."

Cale clenched his fist underneath the table crumpling his nicely ironed shirt. He took a deep breath before exhaling to calm his mind as he look straight into Eruhaben's eyes.

"I do, that's why I'm doing this now."

"It's going to hurt. You're going to feel broken and empty once it happens for real."

"I know...but I don't want to regret it by never asking at all."

"Even if it hurts and you would rather die, you're still going to do it?"

"I will. I'm willing to go through the pain for him."

"Then I approve."

Eruhaben then proceeded to convince him that Rok Soo is going to say yes and he did not has to worry about Rok Soo saying no.

Well, it seems Eruhaben-nim was right.

Right as Eruhaben-nim was finished getting interrogated by Sherrit-nim about how could he keep that a secret from her , the door to the emergency room opened.

-

"Is there a family member of Mr.Kim Rok Soo?" the nurse asked looking around, it was probably one of the black haired mens seeing they both have the same hair colour as the patient.

"Me, I'm the father." Surprisingly, the one who speak up was the man with long blonde hair almost gold-like that was extremely gorgeous that even idols may faint if they saw.

"And I'm his sister." Ah, that long white haired woman was gorgeous too, give her some of those genes please!

"I see. Mr.Kim Rok Soo is currently stable but we're afraid his health might be deteriorating soon so he'll have to stay in the hospital for an indefinite amount of time."

She sure did regret having to said that once she felt the pressure coming from the whole family. She was just doing her job!