Chapter 5

Currently, Rok Soo is 14 and had never been absent from school unless he's really sick. Dodam is currently 12.

The two of them should be in school yet they're not as they're in the hospital as of now.

They COULD go to school but Dodam kept on crying and whining that he didn't want to go to school today.

Thus, here they are now.

Eruhaben hasn't stopped pacing back and forth since the moment they arrive here while Dodam is feeling restless. They both claimed to be not worried and yet here they were, pacing back and forth nonstop.

It doesn't help that his brother-in-law, *Olienne, is also panicking and mumbling who knows what.

Olienne, his brother-in-law normally worked outstation most of the time which is why Sherrit decided to stay with her dad instead of living in their house alone.Said house is so big it could be classified as a castle instead of a villa. It was pure white that when light shine on it, it could quite literally glow.

Her excuse?

"It's lonely when I'm alone.. Moreover Dodam needs a playmate so I'm killing two birds with one stone"

"So are you going to leave your house unattended with no owner?"

"I could just give it to either of my child if they wanted to have it."

"You sure are carefree about giving a way a literal castle to your child and even the unborn one,sister."

Anyway, why is it Rok Soo, who hasn't witnessed a childbirth is the only one who is calm?He could understand Dodam, but what about his dad and brother-in-law. They should be used to this shouldn't they?

They're hopeless. Utterly hopeless.

After what felt like eternity, the light on top of the labour room turned green and the nurse gave the green light to go in.Olienne and Dodam was fighting on who get to go inside first even though they could literally just went inside together.

"I wanna go first, Dad! Get out of my way!"

"No way in hell you brat! I'm the dad, so I'll go first!"

"No! You're the old man so relent and let me in first!"

"You've always been with your mother so let me have a chance!"

Ugh why were these causing a ruckus for no reason at all? Can't they see the nurse giving them a death glare?!When they went inside, they saw Sherrit holding a bundle of baby with black hair smiling at them, although it's a tired smile.Sherrit kisses the baby's forehead before putting it in a crib beside the bed. Olienne gestured for the two boys to come closer while Eruhaben asked Sherrit questions to make sure she is in a stable condition after giving birth.It's important to make sure that the mother is alright just in case her health deteriorate afterwards. 

Rok Soo and Dodam watch the baby in wonder as it shuffles in it's sleep. Is it a boy or a girl?Eruhaben patted her head just like the day Dodam was born and showering her with praises, complimenting in how brave and tough she was during the whole ordeal.

"It's a boy." Sherrit answered without being asked.

She already know what's in their mind, afterall she is a mother and a sister.

"Mom, he's ugly." Dodam frowned at the baby.

"You were ugly when you were a baby too brat." Olienne, never missing the chance to mess with him smirked.

"I'm not ugly!" Dodam wasn't pouting, no he wasn't.

Sherrit looked at Olienne and they both nodded at each other. Then the two of them looked at Dodam who was already nodding enthusiastically.

"Rok Soo/Kiddo." Sherrit and Olienne called at the same time.

"Yes...?" Rok Soo answered tilting his head.

"We would you to name this little one." Sherrit said looking down on her newborn baby.

"But..he's your child. I shouldn't name him. If anyone, it should be either you, Olienne or even Dodam, not me." He explained not looking at her eyes.

"Well,kiddo. We want you to. Plus, even Dodam wanted you to name him..or more like, Dodam is the one who suggested that you give him his name."

Rok Soo had never turned his head faster than this before to look at Dodam.

"Well~ I'm bad at naming things and I want you to do it so tada~"

"Surely it wouldn't be that bad?"

"Oh trust me it is,unless you wanted this baby to be named 'Coco Melon' it's better if you're the one who choose, kid."

"You're no better Dad. Who in their right mind would name their child 'Black Dragon' of all things? That's just lame" Dodam deadpans.

"Aha, you didn't hear anything, okay Rok Soo?"

"Hmm..."

"Hey Rok Soo, welcome to our house!" Choi Jung Soo said when he invited Rok Soo and Soo Hyuk to his house.

Choi Jung Soo's house was the largest tile-roofed house of the neighborhood but one could clearly see that the house was actually also a dojo just by looking at the outside alone.

"You live in a dojo?"

"Uh huh! Our family practised swordsmanship for generations long! When I'm older, I'm going to make my own swordsmanship and it's name is gonna be so cool!"

"And is that why you're flipping through pure korean words dictionary?"

"Of course Soo Hyuk hyung! Doesn't it sound cooler?! Like-"

"Raon Miru" Rok Soo blurted out.

"Ah, of course if you don't like it-"

"Of course we'll love it Rok Soo!" Sherrit excitedly cut what Rok Soo wanted to say off gesturing him to come closer so that she could hug him.

"Not a bad name. What does it mean Rok Soo?" Eruhaben praised patting his shoulder.

"Raon means joyful... And the family name is Miru which means dragons so... Joyful Dragon. I wanted the little kid to live a happy and fulfilling life."

That day ended in many hugs and kisses on the cheeks. Like he always did, Rok Soo quickly snapped a picture happy with the result. Just like that, years passes and Rok Soo was currently 16.

____________________________________

*Olienne was a green dragon and according to Eruhaben a 'complete asshole who always talked back to you' but still a decent guy.

You may ask... Why make Olienne Raon's father? Well, I don't like creating my own character's name so I decided why not just use this guy? There was no information about Raon's father so he'll have to do.