Chapter 12

Rok Soo was shocked to the point he was reduced speechless staring unblinking at the man who proposed to him in a fancy restaurant.

Unknowingly, a tear fell from his eyes making Cale panic.

"Ah- is it too much? I'm sorry Rok Soo please don't cry-"

"Stop, don't apologize. This is tears of joy you dumbass."

"Huh? Then, does that mean.."

"Yes. Will you stay by my side until the day I die, Cale Henituse?"

Rok Soo eyes was tearing up again but he paid no mind to it as he has something way more important than to care about his tears.

"Of course I will. Even if I know it will hurt me in the end, but I wanted to stay with you, even just for a moment longer."

Now they were both crying in each others hold. They vaguely heard clapping and congratulations in the background but they tune it out in order to kiss the other.

It was a slow passionate kiss that leave them wanting more. Cale's hand held the back of his head to deepen the kiss to which he reciprocated by opening his mouth to make way for his tongue to get in.

Tongues exploring each others mouth, a little moan escaped him causing them to part with a string of saliva still connecting them.

Catching their breath, Cale laughed a bit peeking at the nearby customers reactions.

"We got a little bit too heated over there huh?"

"You started it first idiot."

"Your idiot, since you agreed to marry me."

"Yes, MY idiot."

As they were about to leave the restaurant with hands entertwined, Rok Soo suddenly felt an unbearable pain in his chest making him unable to breath and fell to the floor.

Everything hurts, he couldn't focus on anything due to the pain, the world is blurring in and out. He knew he was coughing again but it felt more intense than usual. That was when he felt it, a liquid coming out of his mouth. Once he started, he couldn't stop as if he activated a trigger that was causing the liquid which was probably blood nonstop.

Unable to handle the pain , he fainted not listening to Cale's voice begging him to wake up.

-

Everything was going so well when Rok Soo suddenly seemed to be having difficulty breathing.

"Rok Soo?"

It doesn't seem like Rok Soo heard him. He keep calling out his name but Rok Soo wasn't responding.

When Rok Soo collasped, Cale quickly called for an ambulance explaining the situation in a hurry hoping Rok Soo would be alright.

Cale saw how light was dimming from Rok Soo's eyes which made Cale felt dread blooming inside of him. His fear grew when instead of just coughing, the coughing was accompanied by a streak of blood flowing out of Rok Soo's mouth nonstop everytime he cough.

His hair and face was a mess due to all the crying and begging Rok Soo to wake up but Rok Soo is more important than his stupid appearance right now.

Rok Soo needed him.

The whole situation was a mess and after what felt like an eternity, the ambulance arrived. He held Rok Soo's hand the whole time begging the gods not to take his beloved away yet.

He trembled seeing the pitiful state of the man he live, caressing the man's cheek gently with his trembling hands.

Once they arrived, Rok Soo was brought into the emergency room to get his health checked. In the meantime, Cale was pacing back and forth biting his nail when he remembered to call Eruhaben-nim.

Hands trembling more than ever that his phone might as well escaped from his grip had he not held it with all his might that he could muster at the moment, he dialed the number that he knew by heart by now.

-

"Grandpa, your phone's ringing." Dodam said as he hand it over to Eruhaben.

"Thank you."

Eruhaben looked down on his phone somewhat expecting it to Rok Soo informing he was on the way home but he was not expecting that it would be Cale who called him.

Unsettled, he picked up the phone revealing the sound of Cale who sounded hoarse which made him even more uneasy than before.

"Eru...haben-nim. Rok Soo.. Rok Soo is.." Cale couldn't even finish his sentence properly as he tried to choke back a sob but Eruhaben himself wasn't much better.

His ears were ringing so loudly he could barely hear Cale talking on the other side as he remembered what the doctor said a few years ago.

"...He doesn't have much left. He'll be lucky to live past 20 but most likely he won't..."

He could barely hear himself asking the now sobbing Cale about his current whereabout and asking his family to get ready since Rok Soo is in the hospital which caused them all to panic.

Right now, the only thing in his mind is that he is hoping that his son could still thrive to live for a bit longer. He wasn't ready to say goodbye yet.

He could NEVER be ready.

He was breaking all the laws with how fast he was driving but who cares?! His son is dying for heaven's sake! Once the car is parked where only heavens knew, he speed through the stairs to reach to the floor where his son is currently on.

Upon reaching it, he saw Cale curling up on the floor pulling his hair not caring how other must've looked at him.

"Cale-hyung...don't do that, it'll hurt."

Eruhaben was about to stop Cale from pulling his hair any further but he was beaten by Dodam who reached him first.

"D..Dodam...Sherrit-nim...Eruhaben-nim...Raon.." Cale sniffed seeing them in front of him.

"I don't know what's going on but don't cry kind human! Raon don't like to see you all messy like this." Raon bless him, he may not understand what's going in right now but he tried to cheer him up anyway.

"Sorry everyone...that you have to see me like this.." Cale apologised wiping away his tears revealing his red eyes from all that crying from before.

"Darling, you don't have to apologise. Though may I know what happened to my baby brother?" Sherrit asked crouching down not wanting to overwhelm him.