Chapter 4

The next day, the moment he woke up, the first thing he did was to search for his dad only to find him working in his room.

"Dad."

Eruhaben look away from his laptop to give his utmost attention to his son and it never fails to warm Rok Soo's heart.

"What is it? Want anything?" Eruhaben asked quickly putting away his things and lifted Rok Soo so that he is seated on his lap.

"I want to go to cooking class."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"What the occasion?" Eruhaben asked curiously since his child isn't particularly the type to ask for things afterall.

"Nothing. I just want to create more memories for when I'm gone and one of them you guys eating food that I cooked."

Eruhaben froze hearing what his child just said. This unlucky brat loves to drop bombs out of nowhere didn't he?

"We won't ever forget every single memory with you, kiddo. Remember that we love you." Eruhaben said even as his ears turned red from saying it outloud but he wanted to convey it properly.

Not by beating around the bush and simply giving money to resolve everything.

"I will, dad. Love you too."

...

Now, Rok Soo was on his way to enter his first day of cooking lesson when he was stopped by someone.

"Hey kid! Do you remember me?! The one from the pillow shop?" Lee Soo Hyuk waved at him from afar.

"...First of all, I do remember you Lee Soo Hyuk. Secondly, my name is not 'kid', it's Kim Rok Soo." He grumply replied.

Lee Soo Hyuk simply laugh it off, finding him amusing.

"I never expected to meet you again here though, Kim Rok Soo."

"Neither do I."

"Team Leader, is that a new rookie?!" A loud voice come from inside the room.

"Did you come here to learn how to cook Rok Soo?" Lee Soo Hyuk asked ignoring the loud voice.

"Mn."

"Yeah he is Jung Soo!"

"Cool!" a kid with brown hair and black eyes come out from the back of the door.

"Hi! My name is Choi Jung Soo and we're both rookie, though I was here since yesterday so call me senior!"

"That sounds dumb so I refuse."

"Hyung~ I'm being bullied!"  Choi Jung Soo whined.

Rok Soo simply ignored him and went inside to actually start learning the basic at cooking.It was actually the basic since he was introduced on how turn on the stove, how to crack eggs and all the other basic things.It wasn't really that hard and it was easy to focus thanks to the class not being crowded.The teacher, although a bit scary when he keep on sharpening his knives and was scarily obsessed with keeping things clean is really patient in teaching things that couldn't quite get.

A month has passed since he first learned all the basic. It felt like he belonged to the kitchen but wasn't so sure until the teacher, Beacrox praised him for being able to catch up with the other students so soon.

He remembered the time where he cooked dinner alone for the first time and the expression of joy on their faces when they tasted his dish.

It was simply soondubu-jiggae (korean soft tofu stew) but seeing them praising his food makes him extremely happy that day.

"Rok Sho-nim thish ish sho delicious! Seconds pleash!" Dodam demanded for more quickly finishing his portion causing his face to be messy.

"Dodam! Eat properly and remember your manners- Mmm Rok Soo give more this is so delicious!" Sherrit was scolding him but was stopped when she taste it for herself and quickly finishing her own portion.

"The two of you, eat properly and don't speak with your mouth full... Hmm not bad. Seconds please." Eruhaben was scolding the two of them as if he wasn't eating the most out of all of them.

Maybe if he could live longer he'll actually pursue this as a dream.Not only that, cooking like this reminded him of the time where Daddy used to cook with him where Mommy was begging to be let inside the kitchen.

He let out a small smile at the thought.

"Ah! Hyung, Rok Soo is smiling!"

He turned to look at Lee Soo Hyuk's team who were assigned to cook fish but their table were messy.

"So messy..." Rok Soo frowned at the mess they'll have to clean up.

All three of them flinched when they feel the glint in Beacrox-nim eyes seeing the mess they caused.

Obviously Jung Soo was whining on how he didn't want to clean up and was too lazy to do so. Meanwhile Soo Hyuk was placating Beacrox-nim promising that they'll clean up soon.

It was funny seeing them so lively and energetic.

Thinking this as an opportunity to save another picture in his diary, he pull out his camera.

"Hey, say 'cheese'."

"Huh? Wai- I wasn't ready!"

If Kim Rok Soo smiled at the picture of a dumbfounded Choi Jung Soo and a smiling Lee Soo Hyuk doing peace sign, no, he wasn't.