Author's Note / Extended Summary

Author's Note:

A story I had previously posted in Winglin back in 2009/2010 so the content might be a bit outdated. This was my first story that I posted and I thought I'd post it online again after some edits. The first part is finished but I don't know if I will finish it or just make a season 2 or sequel. This story was inspired after I watched the Korean Drama, "The Legend". I had decided to do a wuxia (ancient Chinese martial arts story) then because not many people were doing it plus, I'm a great fan of period drams. Moreover, I've often wondered what it would be like if Japan, China, and Korea had become one mighty nation instead. So, this story was born as a wuxia, historical fiction story.

Also! I've taken on this HUGE endeavor of posting multiple series at the same time so updates may be slow as I will update alternately between the different series that I've started.

Credits to angeLLina of Intrinsic for the poster! <3

Summary:

Set in a period after the demise of the Tang Dynasty. The story occurs in Jhinrea, an empire which spans horizons and ruled by Guo Ziyi. In this fictional world the quest of one individual leads to the entanglement of several lives.

Peng Xingling (Lee Ji Ah)

A lively girl born into a middle-class merchant family. Her father is Chinese while her deceased mother was Korean, she also has an older sister, Peng Li-na. Tragedy enters her carefree life when she is punished for a crime she did not commit causing in the loss of her eyes. Due to this incident, she changes into a cold and bitter person keen on revenge. Despite her hatred, she finds herself torn between 2 men: Chung-ho, a person who has betrayed her previously, and Jian Guo, the one she's sworn to kill. Things get further complicated when the truth about the past is revealed.

Chung-ho (Lee Joon-ki)

Born into a lineage of crooks, Chung-ho is skilled in all areas of thef, spying, assassinations, etc. Nonetheless, he is a crook with a kind heart. Though at first, he does not get along with Xingling, he eventually develops strong feelings for her.

Guo Jian (Nicholas Tse)

One of the candidates for the throne, Guo Jian has practically been trained from birth in the fields of literature and arts, fighting and war. Though lonely as a child, he finds an unlikely friend in Shen Hao, the son of a defeated king.

Peng Li-na (Liu Yi Fei)

One who has beauty and grace is what her name means, and it is an accurate description of Peng Li-na. She is a filial daughter, a loving sister, and a beautiful woman. Many a man has courted her, but she looks at none focusing only on helping her father and caring for her sister.

Ryuu Jin (Yoon Tae Young / Bae Yong Jun)

A bastard son born to a Chinese officiall and a Japanese maid. Refused to be accepted by his father, he and his mother has led a hard life filled with struggles and poverty. When given an opportunity to rise above his status, he grabs it and becomes a low-level official.

Shen Hao (Jang Geun-suk)

A prince by right, Shen Hao was sent as a tribute to Jhinrea as an act of allegiance by the kingdom of Goguryeo. He becomes a companion to the young prince, Guo Jian. Though he sees Guo Jian as a friend, he has never forgotten the humiliating defeat of Goguryeo at the hands of Guo Ziyi.

Sun-hi (Sung Yuri)

The girl who is a reflection of Xingling's past self – innocent and naïve, brave and compassionate, with a strong sense of justice. Growing up with the warmth of family, she has never experienced true love. Intrigued by the feelings bought about by Chung-ho, she follows him and meets Xingling who she becomes blossom buddies with.

Playlist:

Assassin (JJ Lin)

Be Wrong Again And Again (Nicholas Teo)

Born To Love (Mayday)

Experience (F4)

Fireworks (Michael Wong)

If I Knew, Love (Afalean Lu)

Love To Cry (Melody Chiang)

Love's Wind Direction (Energy)

Perfect Performance (Yida)

Save Me (Alan Kuo)