Cheater

Miruko's POV:

I watch Izuku run off with a giggle, it was around midday and the streets were considerably barren, the summer air making my skin warm up. I watch Izuku stop at the crosswalk and hopped from leg to leg, he was very impatient. I'm glad he's enjoying himself. I hold his hand and wait for the sign to turn green.

An old woman joined and Izuku looked up at her and waved with a bright smile.

Old lady: Oh! Why hello young man. You look rather charming today.

Izuku giggled and nodded, the woman smiled up at me and the three of us crossed the road since the light had turned green. Izuku waved to the woman as we went our separate ways. Izuku let go of my hand and ran once again. I jogged after him, he sped up a bit and I scooped him up as he burst into a round of giggles.

Me: Gotcha! I win!

He hugged me and laughed with his response.

Izuku: I wanna race ya! A race! A race! Please!

I pretended to think about it before facing him, he had a pleading look on his face and had his hands collapsed together.

Me: Sure. The park is right ahead anyways.

He followed my hand and his eyes shone with excitement and he looked back at me.

Me: We'll race to the park and whoever reaches first gets to choose what we have for dinner.

Izuku: Where is the park tho?

I laughed and put him on the ground and holding his shoulder.

Me: you have to pass these five building then you'll see it, it has a small red gate with bushes on both sides, you can't miss it.

He squinted and nodded. He looked up at me and gave me a look of evil.

Izuku: Okay! Ready?

I nodded and stood up, he leaned forward and looked up at me.

Me: Set!

He smiled and ran off, I gasped and ran after him.

Me: Hey! You cheated!

He continued bolting down the sidewalk and waved to the people in the shops who waved back with smiles.

Me: Carrot you little cheat!

Izuku: Life never waits!!! You're just slow!

I laughed as he stopped by the gate and stood proudly with a smug smile on his chubby face. I pinched his cheeks as I panted slightly.

Me: With this speed you can be an athlete.

Exhaling I opened the gate and he entered. I took out my umbrella from inside my handbag and opened it.

Me: Be careful Izuku and don't walk off with anyone. Ok?

Carrot's ears stood up and he nodded before running off.

Little cheat.

He did have a point tho.

Life doesn't wait.

My phone vibrated with a call and I pulled it out. It was Keigo

Me: What's up Chicken?

Hawks: They found them.

Me: What?

Hawks: They found Izuku's foster parents, they were on their way out of the country but were arrested by airport security.

Me: So? What now? I just wait for the paperwork to adopt Carrot? Or do I have to have an interview with someone?

Keigo huffed and I heard a few pieces of paper being crumpled.

Hawks: You'll have to do the interview, they know as heroes the things we see aren't pretty, they want to make sure you're mentally capable to take care of a child like Midoriya.

I nodded and looked over at Izuku was who having a blast playing by himself, he was jumping by the monkey bars and using his arms to pull himself up. I chuckoled and spoke up.

Me: Tell them to let me know when they can come over, I am keeping Carrot with me and he's never leaving.

My friend chuckled and said he hopes that we get to be happy. Keigo and I spoke on the phone while I kept an eye on Izuku, at one point he came over to ask for a snack. I led him to a stall where we brought some snacks. By now there were other parents coming with their kids, Izuku seems to have noticed and ran back to me.

Me: What's wrong Carrot?

Izuku: Nothing. I just wanted to be close to you.

Me: Well there are kids here your age. Are you going to make any friends?

Izuku: Not interested.

Oh?

This is new,

I wonder if he was bullied?

I ruffled his hair, avoiding his ears. He sat on the bench with me leaning into my side, I briefly wondered if he was tired and wanted to go home. A young girl with brown hair ran up to him and looked at his ears in wonder.

???: Hi! Can I touch your ears? They look soft!

I felt my eye twitch, people with quirk that give them animal traits don't like this kind of thing. You can't just walk up to them and ask that, even if you're a kid. It's like asking someone in a wheelchair if you can use it because you're tired.