Little Spitfire

Miruko's POV:

When I got home I went over to my computer and opened my E-mails, one was a colleague of mine telling me that the president needed my report for the mission. I sighed and got to work, my mind was still on the kid from earlier. I shook my head and opened my files. The one from two years ago caught my attention. It was one of the very first ones I did after I just graduated from UA.

Me: Hmm, I guess I have some time...

I opened the file and started reading it. The file consisted of the things I already knew. What I was doing before I joined the rescue, how I helped, Who helped, how they helped, what was used, and other things. Next was the photos, it was of the store, the people who died, and, photos of how they looked after, people who were injured, and photos of their various injuries.

Me: Huh? Oh, I remember you, you were a little spitfire, weren't you?

I clicked on the photo of the green-haired boy with the bunny quirk. His information was limited, I didn't write this part so I didn't know what was written, I only cared about my part all those times.

Me: So, Izuku Midoriya huh? Age 6. Birthday July 15th. Mother, deceased. Father, deceased. Extended family, unknown. Quirk bunny, has the ears and tail of a common rabbit and has characteristics of a wild hare whenever he experiences negative emotions. So he basically has my quirk... cool! I wanna meet the little spitfire again... I wonder if he's still the same.

I opened his file and read about what happened to him after the fire.

Me: So he was put in the foster system. Not the best place to be in sadly. I actually asked to see him after I was out of the hospital but he was already adopted... Why am I speaking to myself?

I sat back and groaned, rubbing my eyes, already feeling sleepy. My phone caught my eye, I thought about it... Spitfire might not remember me. He might not even want to see me if he does remember me, but I need to know if he's ok!

Me: Ahhhgggg! Fine! I'll ask!

I opened my phone and then looked through my contacts and then called once I found the person I was looking for. Their phone rang for a few seconds before the phone was answered.

???: Hello? Rumi? Is something wrong?

Me: Ummm, no! No! I was just wondering if you can find someone for me.

???: Uhhmm, I guess? Depends on who, and how much you're willing to spend.

I looked at the boy on my computer screen, his smile was so bright, he had four freckles on each cheek in the shape of a diamond. He also had dimples! Midoriya's eyes were a deep shade of emerald that put my mother's old emerald jewels to shame. I stared at his floppy bunny ears that laid flat against his head, almost nonexistent while blending in with his dark green hair. My hand moved on its own and next thing I knew, I was crying.

???: Rumi?! I heard you sniffle. Are you ok? Who do you want me to look for?

I wiped my eyes and gulped.

Me: I want you to look for one Izuku Midoriya.

The person on the other end gasped. I heard typing and then a notification popped up on my computer.

Why? Is he in trouble?

Me: Huh? No I just want to know how the kid's doing! It's been two years, I want to make sure the little thing's doing alright!

???: Alright alright, Just know, if you're not careful, you might anger the wrong people.

I rolled my eyes but took what they said to heart, they were the best in their field for a reason, so this warning is to be heeded.

Me: Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

???: Ok Rumi, you should get some sleep, I'll get back to you in the morning.

Me: Sure, whatever. Thanks dude.

???: Yeah yeah, don't thank me just yet.

Me: No anything you give me is literally good news I need to know this little child is ok.

???: I'll keep that in mind.

I stayed silent for a while and listened to the background noise of the call and yawned.

???: Bye Rumi, get some rest. You need it after that mission.

Me: Ok, Night...

???: Night.

The call ended and I stretched, I got up and went to take a shower and changed into my pajamas, I turned off my lamp and laid in my bed. I snuggled into the warmth of my duvet and looked around me, my apartment was empty, and I felt lonely. My thoughts were filled with images of Izuku running around, he was smiling, laughing, and playing and I felt whole.

Me: What is wrong with me? It's like I have baby fever. As much as the kid is adorable, we don't know how the kid is.

I turned around and covered my face with my other pillow.

Me: Sleep, sleep, sleep!

I finally sat up and pulled my hair in frustration.

Me: Let's just lay down and breathe.

I laid back down and took a few deep breaths and relaxed into my bed. I hugged my second pillow and squeezed it tightly. I finally felt the hand of sleep pulling me down and my consciousness allowed it as I fell asleep.