Look at me!!!

Miruko's POV:

I moved around the kitchen, putting the finishing spices and ingredients in the soup Carrot wanted. All that was left was for it to boil a little and then it was finished. I tasted the soup and heard the door to Carrot's room being closed, my long white ears perked up and twitched as I heard the tiny taps of his feet on my hardwood floors.

Me: Hey Carrot. Are you finished getting changed?

I heard the footsteps stopping and a small squeak, I chuckled and turned around. Bunny was so cute!

Me: Aren't you just adorable!

Izuku: Look at me! Look!

Me: I am! Oh my gosh I can just spoil you rotten!

Izuku: Aren't these super cute tho!!!

I nodded and picked him up with a smile, he squealed and held onto my neck as he giggled.

Now I've made up my mind,

Those people are going to get severely punished

How can they be mean to this bundle of cuteness?!

Izuku stopped laughing and stared at me with a big smile, his vibrant emerald eyes had their shine back, it wasn't like before where they were dull and dark.

Izuku: You expecting someone?

Me: Only Keigo, he said he wanted to check on you. But apart from that. What do you want to drink?

Izuku: Water and (pouting) I wanted to be with you alone....

I pursed my lips and thought about it, he seemed to be ok... I can reschedule the check up...

Ahhh fuck it.

My Carrot asked and he shall recieve.

Me: Consider it done Carrot. Let me get my phone and tell the chicken.

Izuku: Who's Carrot?

Me: Oh. Sorry, it's a nickname. I can stop if you want.

Izuku: No, I like it! What should I call you tho?

I booped his nose and picked up my phone and unlocked it, I opened Keigo and I's messages and told him to not come over and to tell Recovery girl I'll bring Carrot over another day. He teased me about my nickname but agreed all the same.

Me: You can call me anything you like. Now your soup should be finished in a few minutes. How about we watch TV or do something else while we wait?

He looked around and then back at me.

Izuku: Can you tell me stories?

Wasn't expecting that.

Normally kids his age loved to watch tv, play games and do whatever else they do. Carrot keeps surprising me every second I spend with him. I walked to the couch and sat down, him still in my arms now on my lap.

Me: What kind?

Izuku: Why did you become a hero?

Looking down at the small child in my lap, his curious gaze made me smile. I see so much of myself in this boy and I made a promise to myself in that moment.

I will make sure you have a good life Carrot.

Me: Well Carrot, My life was like yours at a point... I was born in the United states My birth parents were neglectful and abusive, when I was 6 CPS took me from them and placed me in the foster system. When I was 9 I got adopted by a woman who owned a farm... She was a nice woman she wasn't rich but wasn't poor either. One day when I was 16, I came home from school to see her dead. Turns out some theives had broken in and didn't know she was home at the moment. They shot her when she scared them. They put me back into the foster system till UA saw my potential and brought me to Japan, which was a good thing because I had an aunt here who was looking for me after my parents were sent to jail. They refused to tell her my name so she couldn't find me. Anyways, I continued my education, I graduated and am currently living my life and hopefully, I can share it with you... When I graduated from UA I promised myself that I'll make sure children like me ended up in good homes, and to save those who had good homes and help them get back to those homes... Not all parents may deserve children but all children deserve parents... I'm sorry for what happened to your mom and I might not be able to replace her but. I hope I can make you as happy as she did.

I looked down at him again, his eyes were sparkling and he had a big dopey grin on his face.

Izuku: YOU WENT TO UA?!!!

Me(deadpanned): I told you my whole life story and that's all you got from it?

I laughed out as he pouted and looked away, a pink hue making it's way to his cheeks.

Izuku: It's soo cool tho!!! Tell me how was it being there!

Me: Well, it was nice really. We had heroes for teachers, some of the top heroes would come in and we'd fight them. The principal is crazy too!... Carrot? Do YOU want to go to UA?

He looked away and played with the embroidery on his clothes.

Izuku: Who doesn't.... It's soo cool being a hero. You are soo cool too!!! I mean you saved soo many people.

Me: Thanks Carrot. That means a lot. Now your soup should be finished by now, let me getit and then you can eat, then! We can talk about UA more. How about that?

Izuku: Hmmm how about we go out for a walk after that?

I nodded and pinched his cheek slightly. He whined and pulled his face away rubbing his cheek that was turning red. Making my way to the kitchen, I took out 2 bowls and turned off the stove. I shared our food and placed them on the table where Izuku was already sitting. I got his water and a can of soda for me.

I may be a hero but I deserve some sweets too!

Me: Here you go Carrot, eat up.

We prayed and then proceeded to eat, the small child continuously praised my cooking and was finished in no time. He asked for more and I gave him more. I'm going to spoil you, if I go broke in the process, so be it! When I was finished, I placed m dishes in the sink.

Me: Hey Carrot, I'm gonna take a shower, you can finish eating, there's a green toothbrush in the bathroom you can use that. When I'm finished we can go out.

Izuku: Okay.

I ruffled his hair and went to take a shower.

This isn't so bad so far.