Chapter Six - One Decision Can Change Your Life

Dear Wattpad Readers:
This is the new Chapter Six.
There are significant changes from here on out.
Consider everything new and never read before.

Please enjoy at your leisure.

Author Note:
Dear Readers,
Due to reasons involving my sanity, I will be taking a brief hiatus from publishing.
Thank you for your understanding.
Yours,
HellCatiiix

Warning: Possible Triggering/Sensitive Content Ahead
Please be sure you are reading the tags in this story.
This chapter contains language for mature readers and content that can be triggering.
This story contains content that can be triggering, such as hate speech/racism (given the time period of story), brushes topics of depression/anxiety, murder/violence, blood/gore, and possible self-harm.

Reader Discretion is Advised

You have been warned.

────────────────────────────────

One Decision Can Change Your Life

──────━━━⋆☽∙☾⋆━━━──────

M̵a̴k̷e̷ ̵y̵o̷u̵r̵ ̴c̵h̵o̷i̵c̶e̵.̴

It won't matter what I choose, you always get what you want.

W̵h̴a̸t̷ ̵w̵̲͓̭͈̻͙̄̈́̑͊̐ẽ̴̢̳̳͋͆̑ ̷̦̮̮̥͌ͅw̴a̴n̵t̵.̸

──────━━━⋆☽∙☾⋆━━━──────

As the days grew colder and winter approached, I wondered what the following months ahead looked like.

It's been quite an adjustment having guests around all the time.

While it may be an inconvenience at times, I wouldn't have it any other way.

This was necessary for her safety.

For the most part, the three of them kept to themselves.

The first month and a half, I had suspicions that they felt they were unwelcome and kept out of sight.

This was my idea, and I did my best to invite them to join me for meals and take them out on the town once in a while.

As time went on, they became more comfortable.

The boys no longer hid away in the upper apartment. Utilizing the courtyards' space. Abel often played there.

On occasion, he'd join me in the study. While I wrote out my broadcasts, he'd be quietly doing his schoolwork.

Cain started coming to me for advice. Especially if it concerned his sister.

The both of them were very well mannered. It hardly seemed like children lived here.

I told (Y/N) that I would one day take her brothers hunting, and I kept my word.

Cain and I have been hunting together on several occasions. He and I taught Abel to shoot, though we have yet to take him hunting.

He doesn't seem quite as interested in the hobby.

He's been making new friends since I talked (Y/N) into changing schools for them.