Chapter Two - Inner Demons

Hello lovelies!
Things don't look exactly like I want them too, from Ao3, but might be good enough.
Wattpad is also a chapter behind.
At least, that's what it is supposed to look like.
I'm republishing chapters as I edit their format here on Wattpad.
So, revamped chapters will look similar to this. 
Any chapters that don't have Chapter Titles are not edited with new formats.
Just a heads up.

Huge thanks to ThatSaltyBobcat on Twitter and Instagram for the artwork for my story. I am in love with it, seriously they did so amazing.

───────────────────────────────────────────

───────━━━━━⋆☽∙☾⋆━━━━━───────

Inner Demons

This is what happens when I let curiosity get the better of me.
Y̸o̷u̷ ̵k̶n̸o̴w̸ ̵w̴h̷a̸t̵ ̷t̵h̷e̴y̸ ̸s̴a̷y̸.̷ ̸C̷u̸r̴i̸o̷s̷i̵t̷y̵ ̶k̶i̴l̸l̶e̵d̷ ̴t̵h̴e̶ ̴c̷a̵t̵.̶

──────────────────────────────────────────

───────━━━━━⋆☽∙☾⋆━━━━━───────

There was a faint smell that had soaked into the stitching of my coat that has lingered all day. It was a more exotic perfume, something that could easily stand out in a crowd. It was like flower petals. Bergamot, violet, white musk, vetiver, small hints of vanilla and lemon, even coconut. It was a little intoxicating. I first caught a whiff of it when I had run into her in front of Royce's bookstore. I immediately recognized her as the woman that I generously bought breakfast for. I wouldn't normally go out of my way to do such things, but I caught a glance of her and felt it may brighten her day. Henry was frantically waving at me. The 'on air' sign signaled that I should speak. Shaking free of my thoughts, I signed off for the evening. "That was, Love Her By Radio by Billy Jones! Well folks, Maurice has a great segment up next for you all so, stay tuned! My! Would you look at the time!" I played a velvety track that played softly in the background. "How time flies when I'm spending it with you folks. Yes, I am truly blessed by your audience this evening. So, from here in the studio, from my home to your home, and from my heart to yours. I'm your host, Alastor Crowley, signing off! Enjoy this wonderful evening ladies and gentlemen. And remember, you're never fully dressed without a smile!" Soft jazz continued to play as the 'on air' sign went out. I removed the headphones and stood up to stretch my legs. Henry came over to me, "Hey, Al. Great show, but you sure you're okay?" My mind has been all over the place since I left that alleyway. I gave him a smile and a wink, "Of course, Henry! Why wouldn't I be?" It's that blasted woman. She toys with me. The lovely shade of red that crept onto her face. Of course, I didn't have much of a sweet tooth, but I wondered if she tasted as good as she smelled. But it was just an illusion. "I will do whatever you want." Her words invading my thoughts. "Whaddya say, Al?" And her hands all over me. Her face inches from mine. I admit, the moment I laid my eyes on her, she intrigued me. Sure, she was beautiful, but that didn't mean much to me. No, it was the way she looked me. While others were head over heels for me, she seemed completely immune to charm. I shouldn't have let curiosity get the better of me. My fists were clenched in a tight ball.

I̵t̴'̷s̸ ̸t̶h̴e̶ ̴p̶e̵r̵f̴e̷c̵t̵ ̵n̵i̵g̴h̶t̶ ̶f̸o̷r̸ ̷a̵ ̶h̸u̶n̴t̸.̸ ̴

I wouldn't know the first place to look!