Chapter One - An Introduction

Greeting lovelies! The date is May 4th, 2023.

Yes, yes, I know I have already published this chapter.
No, you don't have to reread it if you have already gone through it.
Unless you want to!

I'd first like to say, thank you all so much for your patience with this story as it goes through some changes. For those who are new or don't know, this story was in the process of being moved to another site.
I have this story written on Ao3 and it has been an amazing experience so far. Currently, I'm in the process of trying to see if I can convey the new look of the story through Wattpad.
If I can do this succesfully, the story may be posted on both sites.

If you haven't noticed it yet, I have new artwork for this story. This is my official cover art for To Love A Killer, all thanks to ThatSaltyBobcat who you can find on Twitter and Instagram.
I am in LOVE with it. They did such a fantastic job.

Thank you so much for your support! I love all the kind words and understanding!

────────────────────────────────

An Introduction
──────━━━⋆☽∙☾⋆━━━──────
────────────────────────────────

"So, this is the famous radio host?"
────────────────────────────────
──────━━━⋆☽∙☾⋆━━━──────

Living in New Orleans was normally a life full of music and wonder. As of late, our streets have been plagued with an all-time high in crime rates and as it would seem, a vicious murderer. Decapitation, mutilation, limbs and organs torn from bodies. Rival gangs had been at war for the streets, battling for drugs, money, and territory. The city was on high alert with police forces stretched thin and suspects abound with inconclusive evidence or powerful people with lined pockets. All of this considered, people still found the silver linings, enjoying life and making do with what they could.

I was trying to find a silver lining in this life. I wanted nothing more than to enjoy what time I had with my brothers. I used to be a shy little thing, often times keeping to myself. I loved to sing and write. I used to play the piano when the spirit moved me to. Though, my performances never left the den of our family home. Mother used to tell me that I had the voice of an angel and I shouldn't be afraid to play on stage. Father used to say I had the heart of a poet and that I should chase my dreams of becoming an author. Tragedy struck and mother and father were gone. I was celebrating with friends one night in 1924 when thugs broke into our family home. They took nearly everything and killed our parents in the process. When I arrived back home that night, I found them dead. I remember the heavy feeling in my chest while hot tears fell from my eyes. The sheer panic when I realized both my younger brothers were missing. I feared the worst, but I found them hidden. They were tucked beneath old floorboards, trembling and in shock. I filed for custody of them, I refused to give them over to an orphanage or, heaven forbid, a foster home. I love them with all I have left to give. What was a girl of seventeen to do with two small boys? We had to sell our house, there was no way I would be able to pay the mortgage. The money we got from the house paid for new belongings that were lost in the robbery. I spent what time I could working so that I could provide for them. Working double shifts at multiple diners. During one night shift, a man came in. I remember that night so vividly.