Chapter 16 - Coming Home

A/N: This chapter is pretty much just a filler although there are a few interesting things revealed.

Finally Mouse is back!

Ok so this is probably a useless fact for some of you, but on Friday May 22nd Ireland will be voting on equality for same sex marriage. I'm voting Yes. To celebrate this I'll try to have the next chapter up early next weekend.

Jason's POV

I was exhausted when I entered my apartment and let my keys fall into the glass bowl on the small table by the front door. I heard the door close behind my own personal bodyguard but paid him no mind as I walked further into the apartment.

I'd felt like the worst kind of scum before I'd even boarded the plane. I had fucked Bram. There was nothing personal about it just plain old fucking. That wasn't how you were supposed to treat your mate. A mate should be treated better than a one night stand. I'd seen the look on Bram's face when I'd told him I was leaving and it had taken more strength than I'd thought it would to walk away.

I was scum.

I walked into the living area and found Mouse sitting in front of the TV on the sofa wrapped in a blanket, his feet tucked under him and a pile of used tissues around him as he sobbed.

I rushed forward and knelt in front of him. "Mouse? What's happened?" I could feel my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest as various scenarios ran through my head.

Mouse just pointed at the screen behind me and buried his face in the tissue he was holding. Looking behind me I saw Bambi wandering through the snow calling for his mother. I silently cursed the children's film. Mouse always cried when Bambi's mother was killed by the hunters. It was ironic that a wolf shifter, who had himself hunted and killed deer while in wolf form, could cry over the death of an animated deer.

"Do you want me to make you some hot chocolate?" I asked. Hot chocolate always cheered him up when he was watching 'sad movies'.

He nodded with a sniffle and wiped at his face. "With whipped cream and mini marshmallows?" He looked up at me with those big watery brown eyes before they locked on something over my shoulder and widened. I followed his eyes and saw Bram's warrior looking at Mouse curiously.

"Mouse, this is one of Bram's warriors. His name is Nikko. Nikko, this is Kennedy Jameson but I call him Mouse." I looked back at Mouse giving him a small smile. "I'll go and get you that hot chocolate."

I could feel someone following me into the small kitchen area and knew that it was Nikko. "Who is he?"

I took out a saucepan, milk and some chocolate before replying. "He's my best friend." My voice was guarded, if Nikko tried to accuse me of cheating on Bram then I'd kick his ass.

"No, I know that. I mean who is he? He smells like an omega to me."

A growl rumbled in my chest and I turned quickly grabbing Nikko around the throat and pressing him up against the wall. "You tell no one what he is." I said between gritted teeth. "He is the sweetest person you will ever meet and I will have no packs hunting him to use him for what he is. He's managed to escape his old pack and the horrors they put him through, I will kill anyone who tries to use him again."

Mouse is an omega. A rare wolf born with special powers. Some, like Bram's mother, are seer's. Some are healers, mind readers, some have the ability to freeze time and rewind it. That is Kennedy's power. But he can only rewind a small fraction of time, no more than thirty minutes. His father, the alpha had plans to use Kennedy. When he hit puberty and first shifted it was discovered that he was an omega but it had taken months before his ability had become known.