Chapter 8 - Parental Betrayals

A/N: This is the second chapter I've posted today so if you haven't read chapter 7 yet you better do it now. :) The naughty chapter will be coming soon (No pun intended), so make sure you follow me to get the link because it will be private.

Jason's POV

I sat in my rental car looking through the windscreen at the pack house before me. I didn't want to go in. I didn't want to face my father or my mate and I certainly didn't want to face the Alpha. Damien Hunt had summoned me this morning through the pack link. It was the first time since I'd left that he'd used it with me.

I'd just taken a bite of my toast when the Alpha's booming voice pierced through my mind. ~Jason, I'm sorry I wasn't here to greet you yesterday. Welcome home. I'd like to see you in my office at two o'clock.~

I swallowed my now tasteless toast before replying. ~Of course, Alpha, I'll be there. May I ask if anything is wrong?~ I waited anxiously for his reply. He could be seriously pissed at me for rejecting his son and heir and for hitting him. I didn't want to be punished by him. He was a good Alpha but when crossed he turned into a completely different person.

~Nothing is wrong. I just want to talk to you in private. Face to face.~

I didn't like the sound of that. He may have said nothing's wrong but his tone said something completely different. ~Of course, Alpha. I'll be there at two.~

He severed the link and I looked at my breakfast with a churning stomach. I was no longer hungry.

With a pounding heart I opened the car door and made my way into the house. The  noise levels were beyond loud. Young pups were chasing each other around and yelling, the teenagers were in the den playing computer games with the volume turned up and were shouting at the screen and each other. The adults ignored it all like they were used to this, and they were. Nothing had really changed since I was young.

I carefully, so I wouldn't trip over the toys strewn about, made my way to the Alpha's office and knocked on the closed door. I tried to calm myself with deep breaths as I waited for his reply. My palms were now sweaty and my stomach felt sick.

"Enter." His deep voice rang out.

I reached out for the door handle and slowly pushed the door inwards. I froze just inside the doorway. The Alpha was sitting behind his desk and he was an older replica of his son. The same blue eyes were looking at me, studying me. The only difference is the streaks of silver at Alpha Damien's temples.

But he's not what had me freezing. The source of that was the man sitting in front of him in one of the visitor's chairs.

My father.

He wasn't supposed to be up yet, the doctor would be furious at him as would my mother. I had a very bad feeling about why he was here.

"Jason, you're right on time. Please take a seat." He waved his hand at the seat beside my father.

"Thank you, Alpha." I took the offered seat and glanced at my father. His face showed no emotion, no hint of what I was to expect. I was almost certain that it was to do with Bram though.

"Let's cut to the chase, because I have meetings booked for the next few hours." He started and rested his arms on the desk in front of him and looked into my eyes. "I'm aware of the events from yesterday. I also know that you wish to leave our pack permanently. I'm afraid I can't sever your link to the pack at this time. You see I haven't told my son yet, but when your father hands over his title to Austin." He nods his head at my father. "I plan to do the same. I'm making Bram Alpha. So you'll have to speak to him if you wish to leave. I can't imagine that my son will make it easy for you though. He's a stubborn SOB and he won't give in to your rejection without a fight." He warns me.